Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trump Trying to Lose?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Agree.

Also agree. A lot of the criticisms from the left aren't completely wrong. The problem is that the left's candidates are even more narcissistic (Obama is like the all-time poster child) and even worse assholes (Hillary, etc.). Our current reality is basically the Kang/Kodos presidential election Simpsons episode, the lizard-ruled planet from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. But Trump, truly in spite of tons of faults, does make a few good decisions here and there - the judicial picks, the public and scathing rejection of the white-hating "unconscious bias training" indoctrination that was infesting the government, etc.

I think Trump made the right choice on refusing to an online-only debate format, which would have been far more favorable to Biden and allowed any type or amount of moderator bias to be applied.
    The problem is that he is losing and he hast to do something different to win. Not debating gives Biden the win.

Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    I don't know which is worse, that we have two septuagenarians who are rapidly losing their minds to choose from, or that neither party could field a candidate who could beat two septuagenarians who are rapidly losing their minds?
    I
    After 2016 I really thought that we had finally hit rock bottom and that the political parties were going to get serious about putting real candidates up and making sure that we didn’t get another shit show. We got another shit show.

Trump should come out and say “I am a flawed human being. I am a sinner. I understand that I do things that drive people crazy. My personal style can come across as abrasive and insensitive. For this year I’m sorry . I love this country and I love its people, that is why I fight so voraciously for it.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I don't know which is worse, that we have two septuagenarians who are rapidly losing their minds to choose from, or that neither party could field a candidate who could beat two septuagenarians who are rapidly losing their minds?
    That’s exactly my feeling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The problem is that he is losing and he hast to do something different to win. Not debating gives Biden the win.

I
    After 2016 I really thought that we had finally hit rock bottom and that the political parties were going to get serious about putting real candidates up and making sure that we didn’t get another shit show. We got another shit show.

Trump should come out and say “I am a flawed human being. I am a sinner. I understand that I do things that drive people crazy. My personal style can come across as abrasive and insensitive. For this year I’m sorry . I love this country and I love its people, that is why I fight so voraciously for it.
    I think Biden thinks it's a win, and democrats will undoubtedly think it's a win, but I don't know a single person who was going to vote for Trump and then not based on not doing a second debate. I just don't think debates matter any more.

Yes, Trump should say those things, but since he's a sociopath, he's incapable of saying most of those things. But that last line? I think he'd say that.

I think he is incapable of being anything or anyone other than who he is. It's what separates him from politicians. I think at this point if he came out and said he was the second gunman on the grassy knoll in '63, he's going to neither gain nor lose votes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Trump is a narcissistic asshole leader. I was really hoping that the “leader” part would take control at some point.

Now I see that he won’t do a virtual debate? He’s in the hole, he hast to dig himself out, Biden is more than happy not to debate again. So Trump just walks in the trap, and Wellowes around like an injured beast, damaging himself even more.
    Yeah, he such a narcissistic "A" hole that he spends 4 years being attacked hourly, looses hundreds of million if not a billion dollars and decides to run again? Is that your position? He's clearly not doing it for the money, or because he gets positive feedback.

I believe he is doing it for the middle class and the Country as a whole. Just because you don't like the way he communicates, doesn't mean that he hasn't done more for us than any President I can think of in my 60+ years.

And the alternative is horrifying. Wake the F up.

I wouldn't do a Zoom debate either. The reason the left wants a Zoom debate is so they can control the debate. Sorry that's BS. And I'm sure the campaign has made the political calculation.

There is no way to know what will happen in a zoom setting.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 10-08-20 at 11:54.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    Yeah, he such a narcissistic "A" hole that he spends 4 years being attacked hourly, looses hundreds of million if not a billion dollars and decides to run again? Is that your position? He's clearly not doing it for the money, or because he gets positive feedback.
    I guess whether he's an 'asshole' depends on which side of him you're on (true for all of us). But the man is the DSM-5 textbook definition of "narcissistic personality disorder." But then, I think all politicians are to a degree. It doesn't mean I 'like' him any less or won't vote for him, either.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Why do you think that? Biden is about as visible as a North Korean leader. Harris, both in general and last night, comes across as less sincere and warm than Hillary. Trump signs outnumber Biden signs about 10:1 in my area and I read similar reports from across the country. There are lots of polls and some of them show Trump leading or at least 50/50.

It's likely that the "decision" will come down to various kinds of fraud and lawfare, but it still seems plausible, even likely, that Trump would get a majority of electoral college votes if the process were fair. And he's managed to survive nearly 4 years of constant attack from the "deep state," so I wouldn't count him out yet on the lawfare side.

This, too. Trump wouldn't have much chance against any competent, undamaged candidate, even some really boring and weak like Dukakis. But the Dems are beyond scraping the barrel and are digging into the contaminated dirt under the rusted bottom of the barrel. The whole thing is a farce.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The dude's stupid like a fox. I cannot even begin to imagine what his strategy is, how on earth it works, or what demented mind could conceive of such a thing, but it's incredibly effective.

What's actually really unsettling is when you go back and look at interviews of Trump when he was younger, before he started developing this persona of his. It's almost like an alter ego.

People made fun of Hitler, as well. They thought he was a joke. What they didn't know, and what few know to this day, is that Hitler had a team of experts who coached him on his entire persona, from his trademark look to his gestures. And of course he had speech writers. What to them looked like outbursts were actually rehearsed, and I suspect that Trump's off the cuff affect is probably very similar. Carefully crafted to appear as if they weren't.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Think about it. A virtual debate is a losing situation for Trump.

The communication is absolutely controlled by the presenter
    The advisement that Biden will be able to have available in the background is limitless in this situation
    Doing that debate would be a catastrophe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The truth is that the Dims hand picked Biden because they knew that if a lunatic like Cory Booker, or Warren, or Bernie, or even Kamaltoe were at the top of the ticket, they would get slaughtered. So they dressed up Biden, called him a moderate even though he had to adopt the crazy left policies to get the nomination. Because the truth is that the radical left now runs the party. That's why Biden had to pick Kamaltoe to take over after the election.

If the establishment Republicans had their way, Bush would have been the candidate. Fortunately, voters saw through the RINO BS and picked Trump. From a campaigning/public relations standpoint Trump is a disaster, but his policies are right on the money.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 10-08-20 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Believe it or not he has said almost exactly the same thing. But of course it got lost, because the Left wants it lost. Maybe he should say it again.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast