Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Trump Trying to Lose?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    If you can’t see how lucky Trump was in 2016, I really can’t help you. The votes he got and where he got them would make even Trump believe in God. Bloomberg is 10 times richer, does that mean he’s 10 times smarter. How come he isn’t running.

The issue is that Trump has absolutely no ability to adapt himself to the situation. The left on the other hand has finally after four years figured out how to neutralize trumps strengths. Trump used to run at a tempo that they couldn’t keep up with changing from topic to topic, but now the main stream media has rapid responses to all his crazy so we’re in this hyper fast cycle that doesn’t benefit Trump. And by crazy I mean fact devoid prognostications. You can write off some of it to trolling, and he does troll better than any other politician, but sometimes you have to do something else besides trolling.

The other thing they learned to do was to Weaponized trumps narcissism against him. The only person that can defeat Trump, is Trump. And the problem is is that Trump is more than up to the task and willing to do it.

The left has no plan for Covid, major metropolitan areas and even small cities all over the United States are burning, their candidate can barely put together sentences, and they want to fundamentally change the balance of power between the different branches of government. But Trump can’t make a concerted attack on these because he can’t take the spotlight off of himself. His strategy was fine when he was the attacker, but it doesn’t work in defense of his first four years.

Everybody knows that he can be the narcissistic asshole. what he needs to be able to show people is that he can be the competent leader also. For some reason he refuses to do this.

We’ve got about four more news cycles before the election, but all kinds of people are already voting. Even if he pulls his head out of his ass it’s probably too late to change enough opinions of him to get him elected again.

And yes he’s rich with a super hot wife. He screws this up he gets to go home and have all kinds of fun and we’re left with the crap sandwich they left behind for dinner.
    Honestly, the only thing that made Trump win in 2016 was that Hillary was so loathed. Luckily, he has the same type of opponent this year. Also, lucky for him, a lot of the far left rhetoric that turned people off to the Dems 4 years ago, the left has doubled down on and is now using violence to enforce. So all is not lost. I think the left has miscalculated how ready people are to sacrifice their freedom in the name of disposing of Trump, because I really don't the average American is.

The sad thing is, with all that's going on, even with COVID, this should have been a relatively easy re-election against Biden. He's no more likeable or personable than Trump, and he's not even much better of a debater. Hell, even though Trump is nasty to people he works with and anybody who dares call him out, Biden is openly contemptuous and loathing of the American population, and treats us as though we aren't even worthy of licking the shit out of his asshole. This should be a landslide victory for the GOP, but instead, Trump can't even seize extremely easy opportunities to get the upper hand. It's frustrating as all hell to watch. Hell, even GWB, with as much as the left hated him, would probably be up a good 5 to 6 points in just about every swing state by now, and would be nearly uncontested in TX and GA. But not Trump; he's gotta get a new pair of shoes every morning because of the bullet hole it put in the old pair the day before.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Honestly, the only thing that made Trump win in 2016 was that Hillary was so loathed. Luckily, he has the same type of opponent this year. Also, lucky for him, a lot of the far left rhetoric that turned people off to the Dems 4 years ago, the left has doubled down on and is now using violence to enforce. So all is not lost. I think the left has miscalculated how ready people are to sacrifice their freedom in the name of disposing of Trump, because I really don't the average American is.

The sad thing is, with all that's going on, even with COVID, this should have been a relatively easy re-election against Biden. He's no more likeable or personable than Trump, and he's not even much better of a debater. Hell, even though Trump is nasty to people he works with and anybody who dares call him out, Biden is openly contemptuous and loathing of the American population, and treats us as though we aren't even worthy of licking the shit out of his asshole. This should be a landslide victory for the GOP, but instead, Trump can't even seize extremely easy opportunities to get the upper hand. It's frustrating as all hell to watch. Hell, even GWB, with as much as the left hated him, would probably be up a good 5 to 6 points in just about every swing state by now, and would be nearly uncontested in TX and GA. But not Trump; he's gotta get a new pair of shoes every morning because of the bullet hole it put in the old pair the day before.
    Add to all the above the Democrat running for POTUS was in the meeting with Obama and Clinton when the whole Russia Collusion thing was floated first as an idea. The V.P. candidate is well known for some dirty prosecutions that sent at least one guy to a life sentence that she knew he didn't deserve.
    And the list of why these two should not be in office goes on and on, but it is totally ignored by the media because....?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    How much are you worth and do dumb people (outside of football) make seven figure incomes? Did you go to Wharton?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-kruger-effect
    If I were president, I would drone anyone who referenced the dunning kruger effect on any message board ever again.��

I don't know what you two are arguing about, but that crap has got to stop. It's basically just become a sneaky way to get away with using an ad hominem without "technically" breaking the rules. Might as well just call him a stupid doo doo head and be done with it already.
    Last edited by okie; 10-11-20 at 00:46.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    If you can’t see how lucky Trump was in 2016, I really can’t help you. The votes he got and where he got them would make even Trump believe in God. Bloomberg is 10 times richer, does that mean he’s 10 times smarter. How come he isn’t running.

The issue is that Trump has absolutely no ability to adapt himself to the situation. The left on the other hand has finally after four years figured out how to neutralize trumps strengths. Trump used to run at a tempo that they couldn’t keep up with changing from topic to topic, but now the main stream media has rapid responses to all his crazy so we’re in this hyper fast cycle that doesn’t benefit Trump. And by crazy I mean fact devoid prognostications. You can write off some of it to trolling, and he does troll better than any other politician, but sometimes you have to do something else besides trolling.

The other thing they learned to do was to Weaponized trumps narcissism against him. The only person that can defeat Trump, is Trump. And the problem is is that Trump is more than up to the task and willing to do it.

The left has no plan for Covid, major metropolitan areas and even small cities all over the United States are burning, their candidate can barely put together sentences, and they want to fundamentally change the balance of power between the different branches of government. But Trump can’t make a concerted attack on these because he can’t take the spotlight off of himself. His strategy was fine when he was the attacker, but it doesn’t work in defense of his first four years.

Everybody knows that he can be the narcissistic asshole. what he needs to be able to show people is that he can be the competent leader also. For some reason he refuses to do this.

We’ve got about four more news cycles before the election, but all kinds of people are already voting. Even if he pulls his head out of his ass it’s probably too late to change enough opinions of him to get him elected again.

And yes he’s rich with a super hot wife. He screws this up he gets to go home and have all kinds of fun and we’re left with the crap sandwich they left behind for dinner.
    That is their plan for covid!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    That is their plan for covid!
    Remember a couple of weeks ago when the rioting tempo might have been peaking?
    Suddenly we were being told that these riots are costing the Democrats votes? Just as suddenly the rioting slowed and the Journalists quit covering it when it did happen.
    Now we've got News Teams hiring "Security" who if Colorado is any indication, have less restraint about shooting than the Law Enforcement ever did. They bought their very own George Zimmerman and brought him to the Party.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Remember a couple of weeks ago when the rioting tempo might have been peaking?
    Suddenly we were being told that these riots are costing the Democrats votes? Just as suddenly the rioting slowed and the Journalists quit covering it when it did happen.
    Now we've got News Teams hiring "Security" who if Colorado is any indication, have less restraint about shooting than the Law Enforcement ever did. They bought their very own George Zimmerman and brought him to the Party.
    Pepper spray, though not a deadly weapon in and of itself, could be a factor in a legitimate self defense case. If it was used offensively, he would have a reasonable fear that once incapacitated he would be gravely injured or killed. The fact that he had a weapon that could have been taken away is also a factor. If pepper spray man knew he was armed, and was the aggressor, it's not far fetched to argue it's reasonable to assume he was trying to disarm him.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pepper spray, though not a deadly weapon in and of itself, could be a factor in a legitimate self defense case. If it was used offensively, he would have a reasonable fear that once incapacitated he would be gravely injured or killed. The fact that he had a weapon that could have been taken away is also a factor. If pepper spray man knew he was armed, and was the aggressor, it's not far fetched to argue it's reasonable to assume he was trying to disarm him.
    Good Point, but I will stand by my statement.
    If you are "Security" and doing your job, how do you become involved in such ass hattery?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Good Point, but I will stand by my statement.
    If you are "Security" and doing your job, how do you become involved in such ass hattery?
    I don't know, but the dude with the pepper spray looked like a 1%er. I have a feeling this is the point in this little story when assholes collide. It's all downhill from here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't know, but the dude with the pepper spray looked like a 1%er. I have a feeling this is the point in this little story when assholes collide. It's all downhill from here.
    Years ago when I was a big dumb Buck Sergeant I got tapped to drive a General around. The early 1980's could be rather exciting in Europe, they had done this
    https://www.army.mil/article/153962/...apping/http://
    like three years earlier and were pretty adamant about not getting a repeat.
    It was made pretty damned clear to me that staying ahead of the violence/incident curve thing was my job. All illusions about anything but driving and keeping my eyes open for trouble were removed from my head.
    If there was an incident, I had failed. That guy failed.
    Last edited by Averageman; 10-11-20 at 01:34.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    http://https://www.redstate.com/nick.../10/10/939003/
    From the article
    Reports indicate he had the gun out already before the mace.

We’ll keep you updated as we learn more about the case.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast