Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: White Noise Defense FOSSA 556 flash hider . . . your experience?

Bay Area, People's Republic of Kalifornia
    Feedback Score
    FWIW I "tested" the recoil attenuation as best I could by shooting my 6920 one day, installing the FOSSA that night, and then shooting the next day.

The recoil reduction was significant enough that I noticed it immediately. I can't say I paid any attention to how it affected the muzzle rise specifically, just that I had an instantaneous reaction of "oh wow it does actually work some".

I have since bought a couple more and "one of these days" intend to have the gunfighter 1 cut off one of my 14.5" BCMs and install the FOSSA so I can do a side-by-side comparison.

I also bought and installed one on a 16" .308 build that I have also run a KAC MAMS on. Recoil reduction was noticeably better on the MAMS, but (and this goes for the 5.56 version too) the FOSSA doesn't generate much if any pressure blast to the sides/rear. On the ground between the concrete walls/legs of the rather narrowly spaced shooting stations the MAMS blast muzzle blast was slapping me so hard I started to feel like I was getting a concussion whereas I never noticed the FOSSA.
    Last edited by jason el cuerdo; 01-27-21 at 17:00.

Feedback Score
    Anyone know where these can be bought still. Seems like every where is out of stock.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    Anyone know where these can be bought still. Seems like every where is out of stock.
    I've bought them from AT3Tactical and Atlantic Tactical. If they are not in stock I would suggest signing up on their email notification and jumping fast when you get the email.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    This is from CPWSA:

I keep getting calls and emails asking me when we'll get the 5.56 FOSSAs back in stock. Bottom line is, I don't know. It's a great product and I get it. You have one and want more, or you've heard about them and want to try one. Sorry I can't be more specific on timelines.

What I do know is White Sound Defense ran into a supply issue with the FOSSAs several months ago. They are unable to provide even a rough timeframe as to when they would get more. The last time I spoke with them, they mentioned possibly incorporating some desired design changes into the original FOSSA in which case there will be no more original FOSSAs ever, but hopefully at some point a redesigned version.

The best thing to do is use the "Notify Me When Available" option on the product page so you will be notified when product quantities get updated.

https://cpwsa.com/3-gun-stuff/143-wh...fossa-556.html
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wow View Post
    I have a in-the-white (stainless, I think) prototype I can send you for shipping costs. Shoot me a PM if you want it.

***I am not affiliated with White Sound Defense in any way… they made a prototype for me a few years back to be used as a silencer mount for a can they were considering supporting, at my request, and it didn’t fit. I was not charged for it, and they did not want it back. I offered to pay, but they declined.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I have a in-the-white (stainless, I think) prototype I can send you for shipping costs. Shoot me a PM if you want it.

***I am not affiliated with White Sound Defense in any way… they made a prototype for me a few years back to be used as a silencer mount for a can they were considering supporting, at my request, and it didn’t fit. I was not charged for it, and they did not want it back. I offered to pay, but they declined.
    PMing

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123