Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Canted noveske gas block

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    1- For clarification, the switchblock was prefit and drilled for that barrel?

2- Noveske uses a drillpress and jig, whomever you received that email from has no idea what they are talking about.

3- Write back and ask what written policy they have for acceptable +/- tolerance for switchblocks, and as to see it.

4- There are multiple AR15 armorers on this board, including myself, and none of them are impressed with that installation if it is assembled properly.

ETA 5- I would wonder how the extension / index pin is in relation to the port, I would also wonder about gas tube alignment.
    Correct, they were purchased together, sold as a unit. Response was from a Mason Davis in customer service.

I'm going to take it all back down to see what, exactly, is off.

Feedback Score
    1- For clarification, the switchblock was prefit and drilled for that barrel?

2- Noveske uses a drillpress and jig, whomever you received that email from has no idea what they are talking about.

3- Write back and ask what written policy they have for acceptable +/- tolerance for switchblocks, and as to see it.

4- There are multiple AR15 armorers on this board, including myself, and none of them are impressed with that installation if it is assembled properly.

ETA 5- I would wonder how the extension / index pin is in relation to the port, I would also wonder about gas tube alignment.
    Put in words better than my hands could type it. Too many companies are justifying sloppy work these days and saying that it is within tolereance. Not bashing Noveske, i have two of their lowers and sbr'd them due to perfect fit of the parts and finish. But i feel for the price of noveske, it shouldnt be put together like a psa. Just my 2 cents which my wife tells me no one cares about. So theres that

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chamber143 View Post
    Put in words better than my hands could type it. Too many companies are justifying sloppy work these days and saying that it is within tolereance. Not bashing Noveske, i have two of their lowers and sbr'd them due to perfect fit of the parts and finish. But i feel for the price of noveske, it shouldnt be put together like a psa. Just my 2 cents which my wife tells me no one cares about. So theres that
    I care. I hate to see the company that belonged to a friend run into the dirt by someone who has no idea what they are talking about. If the individual is speaking for the company, as to speak to the general manager, though I confess I'm not even sure who that is anymore.

Again, if it were myself, I would be pressing on the question of what their written policy is regarding canted gas block. I will also point out that you need to get a measurement regarding how much yours is off. If it is 2 degrees off, maybe its not an issue. If its 5 degrees, is that the tipping point? I don't recall off the top of my head what is considered acceptable by the military. It would be nice if someone else could find and post it. In an absence of written guidelines with Noveske, the sticking point will be what the military considers acceptable.

Get us that measurement on your piece.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I care. I hate to see the company that belonged to a friend run into the dirt by someone who has no idea what they are talking about. If the individual is speaking for the company, as to speak to the general manager, though I confess I'm not even sure who that is anymore.

Again, if it were myself, I would be pressing on the question of what their written policy is regarding canted gas block. I will also point out that you need to get a measurement regarding how much yours is off. If it is 2 degrees off, maybe its not an issue. If its 5 degrees, is that the tipping point? I don't recall off the top of my head what is considered acceptable by the military. It would be nice if someone else could find and post it. In an absence of written guidelines with Noveske, the sticking point will be what the military considers acceptable.

Get us that measurement on your piece.
    Thanks for caring. I agree. The noveske stuff I have was from before he died and it is top notch fit and finish. I have bought nothing but bcm since and it has all been top quality too but nowhere as nice of a finish as my noveske sbr lower. It is the finest finish I have seen to date. Some of the stuff I see from them lately that friends have have been ho hum to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Pretty stupid on Noveske's part to respond the way they did. Now this is gonna be all over the forums which are frequented by large numbers of potential customers. Trying to save a dime is gonna cost them a lot more in the long run. I only own a couple Noveske pieces from the era of when Jon was still with us, a chainsaw upper and a 10.5 stainless barrel that I installed myself. And damn if it isn't the nicest barrel I've ever owned.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkland View Post
    Pretty stupid on Noveske's part to respond the way they did. Now this is gonna be all over the forums which are frequented by large numbers of potential customers. Trying to save a dime is gonna cost them a lot more in the long run. I only own a couple Noveske pieces from the era of when Jon was still with us, a chainsaw upper and a 10.5 stainless barrel that I installed myself. And damn if it isn't the nicest barrel I've ever owned.
    One person sitting behind a keyboard is to blame for that reply, if the reply is backed up by the GM, than that is the fault of the company.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    One person sitting behind a keyboard is to blame for that reply, if the reply is backed up by the GM, than that is the fault of the company.
    Being a business owner myself, your people represent you and your business and it sucks that one jerk makes one comment and it spreads like wildfire. U have to be careful who you employ but at the end of the day bad employees are everywhere now. Noveske has been going down hill for a while and although the price premium used to be worth it for their stuff, I’m not sure it is anymore. Maybe it is but the small sample size I’ve seen don’t seem any better than other companies who’s stuff isn’t nearly as high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's a fair point, Stick, but at the same time somebody did hire that person to speak on behalf of the company. I guess we'll just have to see how this shakes out. Here's hoping they make it right.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Wow, from a company that built a name on cosmetically perfect guns with hand matched upper and lowers this is a joke.

For what they charge this is a joke.

Aperently Noveske is becoming a very high priced joke.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've reached out to Mason requesting their tolerances. Will break the barrel down later this week and post findings.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast