Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Canted noveske gas block

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    It strikes me that the fit of the pin must be sloppy to allow it to go through with a cant?

For me FSB taper pins will align the fsb properly. I understand this is not a taper pin, but it seems loose sloppy to me from what you describe.

All my pinned gas blocks I would not be able to drive the pin through with out perfect alignment.

The pins align the FSB to the holes drilled. The pins could fit tightly into holes drilled at an incorrect angle

edit: I think you're right in this specific case that his sound loose, just saying that having taper pins can only give alignment to what was done by the factory, which may not be proper
    Last edited by Mike Miller; 10-15-20 at 11:48.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Agreed. I'm no armorer, but I've installed a few barrels. I (incorrectly) thought that the pin ensured proper alignment, and had no room for error.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Odd, the pins should recenter the gasblock / switchblock, but regardless, I'm glad you figured it out. Make sure you email Noveske back and let them know you were able to diagnose the issue.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dewshe View Post
    Agreed. I'm no armorer, but I've installed a few barrels. I (incorrectly) thought that the pin ensured proper alignment, and had no room for error.
    Same here. I had a bcm that the front sight post was so tightly pinned I thought I’d never get them out. There is no way in hades I was going to get those pins in with out perfect alignment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thumbs up

Thanks for owning up to the mistake.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Noveske is no longer what it was... this kind of problem and response from them is common in MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE... saddens me

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4Fundi View Post
    Noveske is no longer what it was... this kind of problem and response from them is common in MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE... saddens me
    Yeah, the response wasn’t all that wonderful from the company. Regardless that the problem was a nonevent, there is still the possibility it could have been an actual problem. It’s not all that hard to tell a customer to send something in if they think there is a problem.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I recently purchased a used STS. The seller didn’t send the little screw. I reached out to Noveske to pick up a replacement. Customer service was immediately responsive and sent one out without charge. This isn’t the first time a company has done something like this, but it just happened to coincide with this thread. Not the same as a technical problem, but figured some recognition was worthwhile.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Is it really that big of a deal? I can see some of you don't like Noveske because of there price but I will say I have 6 or 7 Noveske barrels and they are great if you bought for the right application. You are bitching about a look it is a tool go shoot it and kick in a few door and don't worry about scratches.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletproofwelding_1 View Post
    Is it really that big of a deal? I can see some of you don't like Noveske because of there price but I will say I have 6 or 7 Noveske barrels and they are great if you bought for the right application. You are bitching about a look it is a tool go shoot it and kick in a few door and don't worry about scratches.
    It isn't a matter of not liking Noveske because of the price but rather what you get in 2020 for the price compared to 2010. With that said, read the whole thread. If the gas block is canted ever so slightly it shouldn't be an issue, but with the amount the OP's photo showed it could have lead to issues with proper gas tube/gas key alignment. It turned out to be a nothing burger, and the pitchforks and torches were stowed for another day.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast