Thread: Choices: One suppressor design

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Choices: One suppressor design

Trying to be practical, I’ve always planned to get a 762 Mini Surefire that I could move from my 308 AR > BRT 5.56 SPR upper > 2 other uppers.
    I already have the muzzle devices, including both Warcomps and flash hiders. Really like the Warcomp.

This would be my second suppressor purchase (first is in jail still, 14 months and multiple FFL errors later). The other is direct thread and will stay on a dedicated suppressed upper.

I know I can offload the Surefire muzzle devices for at least what I paid, positively at a profit right now; some are unopened still.

I’ve been considering the Sandman S or Nomad. SOLGW’s Nox mount somewhat pulled me over, since the Warcomp was a secondary reason for sticking with Surefire.

Is there a reason to spend more on the Surefire suppressor(s)?

Am I missing another great flexible option?
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Suppressors with a 1.375x24 base are future proof when it comes to mounting solutions and allows you to use the latest/greatest/favorite mount system regardless of brand.

https://www.recoilweb.com/the-univer...24-156634.html
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Suppressors with a 1.375x24 base are future proof when it comes to mounting solutions and allows you to use the latest/greatest/favorite mount system regardless of brand.

https://www.recoilweb.com/the-univer...24-156634.html
    Thanks Clint. I think I bought that Recoil print edition on a work trip, actually.

I’ll admit, it didn’t “click” at first. But as I review... What these manufacturers are doing is making the barrel end of the suppressor removable (and standardized), so the owner can change out which adaptor they want to use. So if I purchase a Dead Air Nomad, but also a YHM Turbo K, I could change out the Turbo K’s end with a Dead Air Key-Mo adaptor. Do I have that locked in?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Thanks Clint. I think I bought that Recoil print edition on a work trip, actually.

I’ll admit, it didn’t “click” at first. But as I review... What these manufacturers are doing is making the barrel end of the suppressor removable (and standardized), so the owner can change out which adaptor they want to use. So if I purchase a Dead Air Nomad, but also a YHM Turbo K, I could change out the Turbo K’s end with a Dead Air Key-Mo adaptor. Do I have that locked in?
    Yeah man. That is very much how it works. I’ve been mainly purchasing this type of can for the last year, and I use my Turbo K with all sorts of mounts.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    That makes things quite a bit easier. Thank you both.