Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
Nicely done and well thought out, impression I get is that you were going for high value but moderately priced parts (meaning you done good: you avoided some of the well known expensive brand components but still got great stuff that's not as well known but probably equal or close in quality).

Also really like your rimfire build, good selection of components and I'm impressed you got one that will outshoot a 10/22. I guess it depends on the 10/22, mine is 'accurized' with a nice trigger and barrel, it can consistently shoot sub-Moa at 100 yards and last week I got a couple 0.5' 5-shot groups at 100 yards with mine. Now usually a factory stock 10/22, even the Target model, will not do that, but still they are surprisingly accurate, even a run of the mill 10/22 with a sporter barrel, decent glass and ammo used, should be able to hold 1" 5-shot groups @ 50y. Curious, can your upper match that? I'm really interested in that, been looking again at the M&P 15-22's and other .22 options for my AR. I used to have the 15-22, then just got tired of the shotgun-like accuracy beyond about 30y or so, you'd get 2 to 3" groups at 50, 4" or more at 100y. From what I've seen the 15-22 is a nice training rifle for AR training, a trainer for kids, and a close-range plinker, and it is fun and reliable, but it is seriously a 3 to 4 MOA rifle. For me, that's just not acceptable in ANY 22 I own. With .22lr uppers, the only ones I know that are really 'precision' are the spendy Compass Lake Engineering uppers, but wow, $1000+ for an upper, and those have some limitations of their own.

So yeah, if you've figured out how to build a reliable and 'accurate enough' upper that beats a 10-22 in accuracy, I'm interested. Who makes the bolt assy for RTB, is that based on the CMMG pattern actions?
I will swap a bigger scope onto the rimfire upper and shoot it Friday. I have some Green Tag, some Federal match and CCI standard velocity. My 10-22 is a stainless sporter that would probably freak out if I shot decent ammo through it.

Yes, CMMG makes the bolt assemblies and barrels for RTB (Right To Bear).

Andy