Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 16 Inch General Purpose Carbine and Bonus Rimfire Upper

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Just to update - I replaced the Accupower 1-4 with a Vortec PST 1-6, decided that was too heavy, and then bought the Accupoint 1-4 w/red triangle that I have been talking myself out of for years.

I zeroed the rifle yesterday in the cold and determined 2 things - the gun does not care about temperature but I do, and I really like the Accupower.

I think the glass was slightly better on my Accupower with its too fine and dim battery powered reticle. I would rather have a bold uber bright reticle that can be dimmed or turned off (during the day) with a twist of the FO cover, the tritium is adequate at night, and its noticeably lighter than the PST II 1-6. I think I understand the limitations of the triangle reticle and I know the TR24 is an OLD design.

Andy

P.S. The PST 1-6 will be used on an AR build where the weight will be more acceptable.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 12-24-22 at 06:03.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Just to update - I replaced the Accupower 1-4 with a Vortec PST 1-6, decided that was too heavy, and then bought the Accupoint 1-4 w/red triangle that I have been talking myself out of for years.

I zeroed the rifle yesterday in the cold and determined 2 things - the gun does not care about temperature but I do, and I really like the Accupower.

I think the glass was slightly better on my Accupower with its too fine and dim battery powered reticle. I would rather have a bold uber bright reticle that can be dimmed or turned off (during the day) with a twist of the FO cover, the tritium is adequate at night, and its noticeably lighter than the PST II 1-6. I think I understand the limitations of the triangle reticle and I know the TR24 is an OLD design.

Andy

P.S. The PST 1-6 will be used on an AR build where the weight will be more acceptable.
    I find myself in this same dilemma concerning scopes. I find the weight penalties hard to swallow for general use.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Never had an Accupower, but the rest of your journey mirrors mine Andy.

The 1-6X PST 2 is a boat anchor, although decent glass. I’ve had a 1-4X Accupoint with Green Triangle for several years and it’s still on a 16”.
    I’m comfortable with it to 300 yds +- and it does a good job at close/fast for me.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123