Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best options for lightweight “duty grade” rail?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VolFF93 View Post
    So from the install video I watched it looks like it goes barrel > handguard > gas tube and block. So I assume you then have to drive the pin in through an M-LOK slot. I saw some reviews mentioning the need to drill or notch the handguard to drive GB pins. Was that an issue for you? I’m assuming your barrel is a carbine gas length
    You can either drill a hole in the handguard, or install the gas block with the handguard torqued not-quite all the way. Make sure you support the barrel at the block while you’re whacking the pin. Mine is carbine gas, but I’ve done it on all the usual lengths.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VolFF93 View Post
    So from the install video I watched it looks like it goes barrel > handguard > gas tube and block. So I assume you then have to drive the pin in through an M-LOK slot. I saw some reviews mentioning the need to drill or notch the handguard to drive GB pins. Was that an issue for you? I’m assuming your barrel is a carbine gas length
    URX4 are far easier to install with Knights gas block system as it is locked into place with a castle nut. If done correctly it does not need to be pinned. Anyone that has ever attempted to take off a BCM installed gas block knows this. All you need to do is properly dimple the barrel and use knurled cup tip screws with red loctite. Often times this type of setup will need to be drilled out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    URX4 are far easier to install with Knights gas block system as it is locked into place with a castle nut. If done correctly it does not need to be pinned. Anyone that has ever attempted to take off a BCM installed gas block knows this. All you need to do is properly dimple the barrel and use knurled cup tip screws with red loctite. Often times this type of setup will need to be drilled out.
    Cool thanks for the advise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Sweet thanks for all your replies

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123