Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best options for lightweight “duty grade” rail?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    My 12.3” wears a KAC URX4 10.75”. It is both light and solid.
    Duh... Not sure how I didn’t remember to see what KAC had to offer

Edit: do you have a pic of that set up? Trying visualize handguard length relative to the barrel. I’ve been a little hesitant with some of the 10”-ish options I’ve seen just because I have kinda gangly monkey arms and I’m concerned about being a little compressed on the gun.
    Last edited by VolFF93; 10-11-20 at 10:46.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VolFF93 View Post
    Duh... Not sure how I didn’t remember to see what KAC had to offer

Edit: do you have a pic of that set up? Trying visualize handguard length relative to the barrel. I’ve been a little hesitant with some of the 10”-ish options I’ve seen just because I have kinda gangly monkey arms and I’m concerned about being a little compressed on the gun.
    Work in progress:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ar15/commen...tm_name=iossmf

How monkey are your arms? Do you have IR lasers?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Work in progress:

Thanks, that is actually much closer to the muzzle than I was visualizing. That might be a winner. I’m 6’ so theoretically my wingspan should be roughly 6’ too, it’s more like 6’ 5”, it’s hard for me to find long sleeve shirts that don’t make me look like a goof

No I don’t have any IR gear currently but that’s a future goal for this build so I’m trying to keep it in the back of my mind

Feedback Score
    I think Sionics partnered with their rail supplier and they will do custom lengths of that’s something you’re thinking about.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Thanks, that is actually much closer to the muzzle than I was visualizing. That might be a winner. I’m 6’ so theoretically my wingspan should be roughly 6’ too, it’s more like 6’ 5”, it’s hard for me to find long sleeve shirts that don’t make me look like a goof

No I don’t have any IR gear currently but that’s a future goal for this build so I’m trying to keep it in the back of my mind
    Yeah, those are monkey arms for sure. Forward Controls Design has an 11.5” MLOK rail that is the perfect length for a 12.3”. I’ve got one and it seems very nice, but I cannot yet confirm that its “duty grade”, since I just got it. It seems very light, but I no longer have a food scale. Triarc has a 11.5”, also, and I can confirm that its stout as shit, but I can’t confirm it’ll fit a 12.3”. I’d feel comfortable using it as an impact weapon. I’m sure someone makes an 11.0” wedgelock, also. Check with Zev and SOLGW.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Duty grade? LaRue LAT is pretty light,rock solid, $10 per inch plus they make a 11", just weighted a 12" on my postal scale which may not be the most accurate and it came in at just under 3/4 lb.
    agree
    recently got the 11" and love it. It's light, seems pretty durable, mounts like a tank and solid design

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Geiselle MK8 with BCM mlok rail covers (they are a perfect fit to the rail sides and make it feel great in the hand)

The BCM mcmr is also nice but pretty light duty

Feedback Score
    Work in progress:

How was the instal with that? Is your gas block set screws or pinned, install seems potentially fairly tricky

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    How was the instal with that? Is your gas block set screws or pinned, install seems potentially fairly tricky
    Its pinned. Ship in a bottle is the best way to describe it.
    RLTW

Feedback Score
    Its pinned. Ship in a bottle is the best way to describe it.
    So from the install video I watched it looks like it goes barrel > handguard > gas tube and block. So I assume you then have to drive the pin in through an M-LOK slot. I saw some reviews mentioning the need to drill or notch the handguard to drive GB pins. Was that an issue for you? I’m assuming your barrel is a carbine gas length

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast