Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Car/Truck Carrying Revisited

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I can comfortably carry a G19 IWB behind the hip and drive for 12+ hours. Pretty hard to draw while I'm driving, which was never really a concern until the police gave protesters a free pass to block interstate highways.

Andy
    This is what I’ve always done. I’m carrying a G45 these days but I’ve also done it with a G23, VP9 and VP9SK. I honestly don’t find it super comfortable but I’ve become accustomed to it. Drawing while seated is a bit slow but I prefer to have the gun on my person.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    http://www.iacombatives.com/2020/08/...ed-on-context/

... I am in a seated position in some way, for a good chunk of the day. On top of that, because of professional reasons and requirements that are non-negotiable, I have set of dress standards that I absolutely must adhere to, at the risk of inviting more scrutiny by dressing inappropriately, and suffering catastrophic financial disaster if caught.

I put it to you that in that context, the absolute fastest and most efficient draw that anyone could do is from the ankle. Watch this video to see it in detail. Keep in mind that the beauty of almost any seated position is that I can stage my gun side foot at the best angle and at the best distance and no one is the wiser. And even better, in the car or at my desk, I can even pull the pant leg up so that there is zero interference in accessing and deploying the pistol. ...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'll run a P365rx in middle compartment, very easy access. I bring this in at night. I keep a full sized P320RX in passenger side pocket in back of the front seat. Not super fast but easy enough grab if the fight offers enough time.

I had my car broken into and the passenger back pocket goes unmolested.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you don't have your LTC in Texas I'm pretty sure the law states it cannot be in view, so would come down to discretion looking at a partial sidearm. My FIL keeps one under the wheel in view & only thing that concerns me is getting rear ended & having my own rig coming right towards the boys.

I'm a lefty & it's awkward getting a draw quickly when buckled so doesn't work well especially in a drivers side jacking scene...I do the console for the weak side even if carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Say more about this? What's an example of a state/reg that has a stipulations like the above, i.e. you can carry concealed this way, but not that way. Genuine question.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I purchased a set of 45lb strength gun magnets for the vehicles. I have one mounted in my truck where the gun rides next my right knee. My beater truck gun is a Glock 22 and that magnet keeps its sold and in place. No slipping whatsoever even hard hard bumps. You kinda torque the gun of the magnet .... comes right off when you need it too.

Feedback Score
    I'll leave the choice of having a firearm in your vehicle when you aren't up to each person's conscience. Full disclosure: I keep an 870 in each of my POVs.

However, what is non-debatable is that you should have something on-body if at all possible. If you have to go thru metal detectors for work, or are a bikini model, that may not be possible... but you really should figure something out, because most problems that require a firearm to solve don't happen while you're inside your car... and if they do you can usually just drive away.

A Model 37, a Bond derringer or even an NAA .22lr is better than nothing.
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    1. Get a Kel Tec Sub 2000.

2. Drill out the sight a couple of 64ths.

3. Load up a couple of Glock 33 round mags.

4. Fold up the Sub and stash it under the seat.

When the Thugz appear, the Sub surfaces!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    1. Get a Kel Tec Sub 2000.
    Do you have one? Is it reliable?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    An ex-cop I shoot 3gun with sometimes has one and "his" is reliable. But that is only one example.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Yes sir, Sub 2K is 100% with the right ammo and factory Glock magazines. I've fed it white box 115, and Q4318 NATO stuff. Never a bobble with those ammos.

It does NOT run 147 grain flat point rounds. Oddly, Glock Sub owners concur in this; Beretta Sub owners say theirs run fine. I have never tried to run it with hollow points. If I did, I'd try something like Federal 9BP which has a rounded ogive and smaller hollow point. But I just load up with NATO for anti-thug preparation.

I have every confidence in the Sub.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast