Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Car/Truck Carrying Revisited

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Need to be cautious with your seat front holster or under dash, etc. Some states do not consider that an approved concealed carry. Even with cwp.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Need to be cautious with your seat front holster or under dash, etc. Some states do not consider that an approved concealed carry. Even with cwp.
    Say more about this? What's an example of a state/reg that has a stipulations like the above, i.e. you can carry concealed this way, but not that way. Genuine question.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When on a long trip I keep my Stacatto C2 in a Maxpedition Jumbo Versa Pac directly in front of my seat, just behind my legs. I can get the gun out in a second or so just by reaching down. Then when I get to my destination I simply put the bag on before I get out of the car.
    Last edited by JLP; 10-11-20 at 13:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    AIWB works for this, up to a G17 or G19, for me.

Might have to do some experimentation with holster type/position/cant/height, but it's the fastest and most secure method.

G19 here (just as easily with my G17), JMCK, either a Wing Claw 2.0 w/ single tuckable strut/PDS loop, or one of his standard AIWB holsters, fixed soft loops.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I too have been pleased with Telstar products. I have one for my VP9SK and my P365.
    Quote Originally Posted by 63Qcode View Post
    Maximus , early on I tried an Alien Gear holster and it`s been in the junk box for many years . It`s just that their solution for a vehicle looked interesting , but I did see several problems with it .
    As pointed out , the gun isn`t on you and if you leave the vehicle , you have to remember to take it and the location also limits what you can do . If you have to get out , then you don`t have the gun on you .

So far , I`m happy with the Tulster AIWB holster and have another one cut for a red dot on order as my P365 will have a red dot as of next week . IWB on the right side doesn`t work for me ..... shoulder belt and console in the way . I have typically been an JM Custom Kydex fan , but so far , the Tulster seems better for me . Just looking for other viewpoints . Thanks .
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I can comfortably carry a G19 IWB behind the hip and drive for 12+ hours. Pretty hard to draw while I'm driving, which was never really a concern until the police gave protesters a free pass to block interstate highways.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I can comfortably carry a G19 IWB behind the hip and drive for 12+ hours.

Andy
    This is how I carry. Don't even notice it. Isn't that difficult to draw but I'm a lefty. I just lean right a little and draw. Done it many times when having to go into a building where guns aren't allowed.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    During a rough patch I drove for a well known ride share co. I disliked it every minute but it paid the bills for 3 months. Official policy was drivers had to be unarmed but since the co. took zero responsibility for anything other than collecting money I took the responsibility for my own protection. My policy was get out and leave the car as peacefully as possible, then call the cops. If hindered that was something different... The pistol had to stay on my body. Everything of value was on my body, wallet, keys, etc.
    Last edited by 1986s4; 10-12-20 at 08:58.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I stay away from off body carry in general, when possible, for various reasons. I would look into some other AIWB options, particularly look for something with an adjustable ride height, a wing, and a wedge. The adjustable/higher ride height will help keep it from digging into your hip crease (and make it easier to get a good grip when drawing), and the wedge and wing will help it to conceal well with the higher ride height. Dark Star Gear, Phlster, JM Custom Kydex, and Tenicor are all good options to look into. We're all built differently, but with the right holster, I have no issues carrying my PPQ AIWB while driving.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    AIWB - accessible full size. No need to scale down or adjust carry method.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast