Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reccomend An ACOG

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The TA01NSN is the one I want. It doesn't have the light gathering deal on the top, and when the Tritium fades out the reticle just becomes black solid which would be fine by me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    TA11 takes it, as much as I like my 31RCO, that one gets carried forward mostly for nostalgia.

Overall, less magnification and more eyebox is preferred, there isn't a realistic difference in capability going up to 4x and losing so much eye relief that to run it aggressively, I would have my eyepro digging into the bridge of my nose to the point where I bled after some Table shoots
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    TA11, the 3.5x35mm ACOG. More eye relief and user friendly. I've used the TA31 4x and the short eye relief is a pain. I've used the TA33 and just didn't love it, especially in comparison to a light 1-4x.

Tritium or LED is a personal choice, but Trijicon's written warranty on electronics is pretty short. I don't know if they have an unwritten service policy that's more generous.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    TA11, the 3.5x35mm ACOG. More eye relief and user friendly. I've used the TA31 4x and the short eye relief is a pain. I've used the TA33 and just didn't love it, especially in comparison to a light 1-4x.

Tritium or LED is a personal choice, but Trijicon's written warranty on electronics is pretty short. I don't know if they have an unwritten service policy that's more generous.
    I haven't had opportunity to try to use Trijicon's warranty but I can tell you my oldest ACOG is from 2008-2009'ish It's a .308 BDC 3X30 dual illuminated model. We used them on AKs back then before they built a X39 BDC model.

The amber still glows just fine.

In general people worry too much of tritium- I have Meprolight Tritium sights that I put on AK's in 96 that still have some glow to them.

To me the dual illuminated ACOG is the ultimate SHTF optic.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Notice my comment was about their stated warranty period on electronics. Relevant to the battery-LED ACOG. I understand that the Tritium/fiber optic models work fine for a while, and I own a couple. The loss of brightness with Tritium is predictable like clockwork, while electronics can randomly fail.

https://www.trijicon.com/support/warranty

AccuPoint®, ACOG®, ACOG® Crossbow Scope, Reflex, RMR® (Dual-Illuminated Version): The tritium lamp is warranted to glow for fifteen (15) years in fiber optic scopes and ten (10) years in non-fiber optic scopes from date of original manufacture.

AccuPower®, Credo®, Credo® HX, LED ACOG®, MGRS™, MRO Patrol®, MRO®, RMR® Type 2 (LED and Adjustable LED Versions), RMR®cc, SRO®, SRS®, TARS®, Tenmile®, Tenmile® HX, VCOG®: Electronics are warranted to be free of defects in material and workmanship during normal use for a period of five (5) years from date of original manufacture.
    15 years warranty for TFO scopes, 10 for Tritium-only scopes, and just 5 for electronics. They aren't the only company with a short warranty for electronics (offhand I can think of Leupold, Nikon, Sig, and Nightforce having finite electronics warranties), but 5 is less than my expected product lifetime for any decent scope.
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 10-12-20 at 23:48.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Any one of the LED version ACOGs; 4x or 3.5x, chevron is okay, horseshoe is better, red is the best color (my preferance).

The 3.5x35 has the absolute best eye relief of any ACOG I have used. The LED reticle is nuclear bright, I found setting 5 to be the absolute best in super bright daylight and setting 4 for indoors with a light. I was messing around with the illume inside and cranked it to its max setting, it took about 2 hours for the chevron image to clear from eyeball. IIRC, it is something like 35,000 hour battery life at setting 4 with a 123 battery.

I regret selling mine but will have another one as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    I want an ACOG. What is absolutely the best ACOG to get for the M4 platform?

I already have several high-end LPVO, Aimpoint, and EOTech.

Some will say the 80's is calling and wants it's optic back. I get it. This is something I want. There's a bunch to choose from. Money no object. .223/5.56. No reticle preference. I think I prefer LED but can't really tell you why.

Dazzle me.

Feedback Score
    I would dare to say the 6x48 (TA648) has the best eye relief, image contrast & clarity... at a huge expense in size, weight and cost.

It's an absolute beast.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    If I was going to get an ACOG today I'd go with a TA31 with an ACSS Aurora Reticle.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I’m a big fan of the Compact ACOGs. Have 4 of ‘em, will probably end up with more.

Feedback Score
    I would look into the ACSS TA31 because of the reticle designs I like the horse shoe ones but also the newer acss aurora one looks like it was really well thought out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast