Thread: magPul D60 &

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

magPul D60 &

Anyone have first hand experience using IMI systems 5.56 Razor Core 77grain HPBT-Match ammo with the Magpul D-60 magazine? I sure would like to hear that it is gtg but will accept the truth regardless. I know the various 62 & 69 grain HPs PSP & Greentip ammos works fine in my two D-60 mags, but I just found a stash of the above ammo I had forgotten about. It appears to be from 2016 and has an OAL of 2.250
    Last edited by 10MMGary; 10-12-20 at 13:31. Reason: added info
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    Unless the cartridge overall length supported by the D60 is drastically different than the PMag, that ammo should work just fine.

Unless the D60 springs don’t have the power to push an extra 900gr of payload (vs 62gr) around the drum and up the strait section of the mag. That’s about 2 ounces FYI. I doubt that’s the case or we would know about it by now.

I am curious what kind of 60 round mag dump blasting you plan on with half decent match ammo, but you do you man!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the reply "I am curious what kind of 60 round mag dump blasting you plan on with half decent match ammo," I don't plan on doing any mag dumps but would like to know that I could do so if every required. I actually prefer the D-60 mag on one particular gun and it stows perfect for my needs with the D-60 inserted. I save my ammo dumps for the real thing and Knob Creek KY, I can only afford a fun switch if on anothers gun and I am only feeding them a few drums sticks belts one day a year.

markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I am curious what kind of 60 round mag dump blasting you plan on with half decent match ammo, but you do you man!
    I have 69gr OTM in one of my D60's, does that mean that I intend to blast away with it too? Probably not, since it is in my get out of hell bag to load into my gun if we have to get out of hell in a hurry and want more than what a 55gr pill will give me. I might load some 77gr pills in another one now. Why not?
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    So what use and ammo is acceptable for D-60s?

Feedback Score
    I was kind of making a joke, sorry if the humor was lost on you.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Yes, 77gr OTM (CBC 77gr OTM) will function in at least one D60 for 60 rds shot at a reasonably quick pace. I cannot speak for every D60 or IMI 77gr OTM, just the one I have used.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No worries I would have ask pretty much the same thing LOL, anyway I'll be finding out soon enough. I went ahead & loaded it snapped a dust cover on it and tossed it in the range bag. FWIW it loaded with the same "ease" or lack there of as the various other ammo does in the D-60. We'll see how it does tomorrow emptying itself. A 500 rd case that I had totally forgotten about due to a the china plague,,,, well that and I am getting old forgetful & uh you know the thing,,,, com'on man,,,,,dog faced.