Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 2011 Option?

Feedback Score
    I was actually perusing Alchemy’s website last night and wishing they had a 2011...

This thing looks top notch!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    You’ve had considerable experience with the gen 2 STI Mags?

I have 20+ shot from two different pistols with zero mag related issues.
    Rd count is 15K between mags over 1 1/2 yrs.

Granted this isn’t a large sample, but is my experience.
    Assuredly the 1st gen mags sucked ass unless modified.

Please bring your personal, negative experience to the table.
    No, the opposite of what you're implying. I have a Staccato P and I'm waiting on a Staccato C2. Unless they're bringing some whiz-bang new mag to the table, which is the only real weakness of the 2011 (Staccato Gen 2s or Gen 3s, depending on what you read, are an improvement, but not the end-all), then I don't know why you'd pay a premium.
    Last edited by sundance435; 10-14-20 at 09:58.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Got it and agree.
    Don’t reinvent the wheel at considerable upcharge and questionable availability.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    If anyone’s curios I pinged Alchemy to see if they’d do a prime with a rail, because reasons lol.

Bluing done right is just

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    No, the opposite of what you're implying. I have a Staccato P and I'm waiting on a Staccato C2. Unless they're bringing some whiz-bang new mag to the table, which is the only real weakness of the 2011 (Staccato Gen 2s or Gen 3s, depending on what you read, are an improvement, but not the end-all), then I don't know why you'd pay a premium.
    BUT IT"S SOOOO PRETTY!!! Yea I know I love my Staccato also and it does everything well for me.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    1.5" at 25yds is not very impressive...most custom shops of good reputation are guaranteeing 1.5" at 50yds. It also seems like they did a lot of marketing to justify less work. Just one man's initial impression.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    1.5" at 25yds is not very impressive...most custom shops of good reputation are guaranteeing 1.5" at 50yds. It also seems like they did a lot of marketing to justify less work. Just one man's initial impression.
    Please name TWO Custom shops that have a 1.5" Guarantee at FIFTY yds.
    A TWO inch Guarantee at 50 yds. is uncommon. The guy that can shoot 3" at 50 yds., offhand, "field conditions" is a rarity.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You gotta get lucky to have a shooter like my Stacatto. Mine did a 1 inch group with one flier, pull that one out and it as more like .5 inch group. I’ll post a pic when I get a minute. 5 rounds Wolf Tuna can steel cased 115 ball. 25yards.

Mark, shot the group from a rest. Right before he shot it, he said I heard this ammo is actually pretty accurate. Yep!

I’ve never heard of 1 inch group, gun from anybody anywhere.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 10-15-20 at 17:39.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Please name TWO Custom shops that have a 1.5" Guarantee at FIFTY yds.
    A TWO inch Guarantee at 50 yds. is uncommon. The guy that can shoot 3" at 50 yds., offhand, "field conditions" is a rarity.
    Chambers Customs is one. Les Baer can do that for an extra 295 USD charge if you like. I believe some of the Accuracy X guns are also good for ~1.7" at 50 yards, given that they couch it in X-ring terms. My friend has a "work" gun that shoots 1" at 50 yards, but he's also in the AMU, so they likely have some black magic and more resources than most folks. My assumption is that any of the smiths that are bullseye oriented could probably do it without too much issue.

That being said, it seems like the 25 yard guarantee is more of an issue of logistics rather than gunsmithing, or so the claim goes:
    Well, I'm sure this debate came about because of my 25 yard accuracy guarantee versus Les' 50 yard guarantee. The reason mine are 25 is because that's the max distance I can conveniently ransom rest a gun. I actually do test the guns out of a rest and provide a target with ammo data and a signature. I can't tell you what the procedure is at Baer but I can tell you to use your imagination. Picture this. It's January, you build 100 guns that month with the accuracy guarantee, do you go outside and put those in the rest? Come on. When you make 3000 guns a year and 40 percent of those bear the guarantee, it's a lot of travel, time and effort to test them that way. Please don't come at me with your ATF numbers telling me he doesn't make 3000 guns a year. Foreign orders are not part of those statistics since manufactures pay no FET on exported guns. The market in Thailand accounts for 1000 plus guns per year.

Smaller makers like Accuracy X, who I have the utmost respect for, can pull this stuff off due to smaller volume. I'm considering dumping the accuracy guarantee all together to take myself out of this game.

As for the statement from Cundiff about a gun losing accuracy when it's been hard fit, that's just sheer bollocks. There's a difference between hard fit wrong and hard fit right...big difference.

P.S. When I say I can't tell you what the procedure at Baer is. It means I know exactly what the procedure is, but can't tell you because it would violate my non-disclosure agreement.
    Source: https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/...3#post-1817595
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 10-15-20 at 21:46.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post

That being said, it seems like the 25 yard guarantee is more of an issue of logistics rather than gunsmithing, or so the claim goes:
    Source: https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/...3#post-1817595
    That's pretty close to violating a NDA, but I digress. To me, a 50 yard accuracy guarantee is nearly worthless, because it's only guaranteed for one loading, if it's true at all in the first place. You could argue that the gun will be inherently more accurate with it, but I've seen different ammo do weird things out of "accurate" guns. I agree though that 1.5" at 25 yards isn't saying much, unless it's across a few different loads. 1" @ 25 could be reasonably expected out of a $3000 gun.
    Last edited by sundance435; 10-16-20 at 08:25.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast