Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New 2011 Option?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Personally I’d like to see more big money guns shot out of Ransom rests but I digress.

From a marketing standpoint I agree with the previous that accuracy guarantees are meaningless for the most part given the variables but mechanical accuracy and accuracy potential I think you can absolutely put a dollar amount on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    If you don't know what you're talking about, don't spout off to someone who does.
    Both of my custom 1911/2011s came with 1.5" at 50yd guarantees and the proof targets to match. Those pistols came from two different custom shops. The X-ring on a B-6 target is 1.695"...that target is shot at 50yds. Recently an AMU competitor shot a 100-8x. You need a 1.5"/50yd to be competitive in certain disciplines.
    The guy who can do XYZ is a rarity...so what? That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about pure mechanical accuracy, not justifications for mediocrity.
    You can like Alchemy's pistol, but don't spew vitriol about something that's pure fact.

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Please name TWO Custom shops that have a 1.5" Guarantee at FIFTY yds.
    A TWO inch Guarantee at 50 yds. is uncommon. The guy that can shoot 3" at 50 yds., offhand, "field conditions" is a rarity.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    If you don't know what you're talking about, don't spout off to someone who does.
    Both of my custom 1911/2011s came with 1.5" at 50yd guarantees and the proof targets to match. Those pistols came from two different custom shops. The X-ring on a B-6 target is 1.695"...that target is shot at 50yds. Recently an AMU competitor shot a 100-8x. You need a 1.5"/50yd to be competitive in certain disciplines.
    The guy who can do XYZ is a rarity...so what? That's not what we're talking about. We're talking about pure mechanical accuracy, not justifications for mediocrity.
    You can like Alchemy's pistol, but don't spew vitriol about something that's pure fact.
    This still didn’t answer his question though.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    This still didn’t answer his question though.

Chambers Custom
    Pilot Mountain Arms
    Les Baer
    Wilson Combat
    The last two for specific builds.
    I refrained from naming two makers because 1) there's no need to play favorites 2) the answer had been delivered previously in the thread.
    Last edited by Hammer27; 10-21-20 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    That is certainly the cleanest looking 2011 I've ever seen.

How does alchemy compare to Wilson Combat in terms of reliability?

I guess I am asking in terms of standard 1911s and would assume that the comparison would still hold for 2011s.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

New 2011 Option?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer27 View Post
    Chambers Custom
    Pilot Mountain Arms
    Les Baer
    Wilson Combat
    The last two for specific builds.
    I refrained from naming two makers because 1) there's no need to play favorites 2) the answer had been delivered previously in the thread.
    Good copy. I wasn’t aware those entities and put out publicly a 50yd guarantee. Or I missed it maybe.

Better than I can shoot so it’s a wash

ETA: also I believe the PMA promise is 3” at 50, but splitting hairs.

Last edited by jpmuscle; 10-25-20 at 20:14.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123