Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Coney Barrett Senate hearings

Feedback Score
    Concur on the comments.

I told my wife I am in love with another woman tonight... Judge Coney Barrett seems to personify both (1) a lifestyle/life choices/values similar to my family’s ’ as well as (2) being an articulate and principled jurist. The fact she isn’t Ivy League and made choices to teach at a Midwest school resonate with me, reflective of the rest of America.

I loved reading Antonin Scalia’s writing, most often in the dissent, and I expect to say the same of a future Justice Coney Barrett.

The clincher for me was today how she handled Sen. Dick Durban’s vehement criticism on making judgments around curtailing civil rights vs. non-violent felonies. The good Judge opened the door for wide for a new standard in deprivation of rights while stressing the need for due process. As noted, it was making the Democrats furious but didn’t give them enough to sway any wavering Republicans. The Judge and future proposed appointees really shouldn’t have to endure this this debasement, regardless of their politics, but she seems well prepared to sit and bear the weight.

One hell of a role model for women.
    One hell of a role model for any American.

Feedback Score
    To Mixzzie Horn-dogo's question, I wish Amy had responded "One time, at band camp.....".

WHo ever writes Kamala's questions, and it might be her, is pretty good. The kind of "when did you stop beating your wife", but with entrapment and false narrative sublimely threaded into them.

I srtill don't know why people don't start every answer to Blumenthal with, "Well, as you said when we were serving together in the jungles of Vietnam....".
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's ironic to me that this great Woman is some sort of mythical monster to the Left.
    I always try and look at things from the "Other Side", but at this point, it's just about getting their way. Lets be honest here, the Democrats specifically POTUS Obama, left a lot of holes in the judiciary and MAGA Trump filled them and he did so in his own image.
    The 9th was a liberal bastion of trouble for any Conservative President and, well, Trump changed all of that.
    Four more years Baby!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Her holding up that blank notepad has generated some pure gold in memes.

acbl1.jpg

Last edited by Grand58742; 10-14-20 at 12:25.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I saw the best quote this morning about the Democrats asking questions at these hearings. Paraphrased: "Amy Coney Barrett has seven kids, she's used to answering stupid questions from children."
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I knew that was coming as soon a saw her do it. Pure awesome sauce.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Her holding up that blank notepad has generated some pure gold in memes.

acbl1.jpg

This one is my favorite:

What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    We'll see what craziness the left has up their sleeve, but I see ACB getting to SCOTUS and saying to Kavanaugh '"Why was it so hard for you?"

Wasn't RBG a lawyer for Planned Parenthood and the ACLU? And now being a Catholic, like a real one, is a problem? They came up with the RBG rule because otherwise you couldn't get a GOP to vote for her with out pissing off his base.

The oddest thing about 2020, in a year where everything is a dumpster fire, this hearing is running like it actually should. CRAZY..

So far...

Did I see that testifying and sitting for questions for SCOTUS is a relatively new thing? Like since the 1930s or something?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Listening to her speak and field all those A-hole questions from the lefties, all I could think of. is why isn't this woman, or someone like her, running for POTUS? She handles their BS with such grace and aplomb, in contrast to our sitting POTUS who is as nasty as they are, but in the opposite direction. While it is entertaining on some days to watch Trump pour gobs of their own medicine down their throats, I do think someone more intelligent and diplomatic might serve us better in some ways. I'd love to have someone with this woman's demeanor and poise as the POTUS with someone like Trump as her vicious VP that the other side would be terrified to have let off his leash at them.

Following the law instead of promoting your individual beliefs/agenda? Wow! What a concept? I'm very much looking forward to having someone who considers Scalia a mentor, and follows his ideology, sitting on that bench.
    "Literally EVERYTHING is in space, Morty." Grandpa Rick Sanchez

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The main thing that I garner from these hearings is how stupid a lot of senators are along with the people who voted them in.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast