Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 17 gen 3 guide rod problem

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Glock 17 gen 3 guide rod problem

i have a new glock 17 gen 3 that the stock guide rod or an aftermarket stainless steel one will not stay down in the half circle cut in the barrel when the slide is worked by hand. i put it where it is supposed to be and work the slide and it is out again. i thought it was the stock guide rod hence i bought an after market one, has anyone had this issue? if anyone has an insight it would be greatly appreciated as i have been hesitant to fire it when the guide rod won't stay where it is supposed to be

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Got a good close up picture of the barrel where the GR sits or have you carefully compared your barrel to a known good one. Even going as far as swapping them out?
    Last edited by TomMcC; 10-13-20 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    i ll try to get a pic and no swapping barrels was the next step. i have a feeling there is something off in the machining.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    i ll try to get a pic and no swapping barrels was the next step. i have a feeling there is something off in the machining.
    More than likely. A unique problem it seems...never heard of it.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    that is why i asked i have been away from shooting for awhile and thought i might have missed something. thank you for the help

Feedback Score
    I'm pretty sure this normal.
    DK

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    that is why i asked i have been away from shooting for awhile and thought i might have missed something. thank you for the help
    Just so I'm understanding. When you remove the slide from the frame the recoil spring and guide are no longer attached to the barrel at the rear. It's just sort of flopping around on it's own?

Feedback Score
    Google Glock recoil spring "assembly notch". What your gun is doing is normal.
    DK

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Have you shot it?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    taking Dukur's suggestion i googled it and he is correct it is normal from the frequently asked questions at glocks website. i was hesitant to fire it until i was sure. idid not want to damage either myself or the pistol. thanks to everyone for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast