Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New AR15A3 Build - pics

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    Love them!! Reminds me of the 80/90's in the Army! Although I carried a f-ing 60.... 22 pounds of PIG misery.
    I went from an A1 to A2, M203, then a M249. I was glad to get back to an A2, felt like a feather lol. Then they put me in charge of the MK-19

A1 in Desert Storm, A2 in Bosnia (which I immediately turned in and drew an M9 that I could conceal) and a brand spanking new FN A2 in OIF with a 3 point sling and M68 on a gooseneck mount. Good times...

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

I disagree that chrome lining would have a significant affect on accuracy in the price range of OP's barrel, but the only advantage for me on an A2 type build would be corrosion resistance anyway.
    I was not trying to say that the chrome would make it more accurate - Was saying the opposite.

Delton is GTG in my opinion... Bought one for one of my sons and it has served him flawlessly thus far with very little effort on his part.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I was not trying to say that the chrome would make it more accurate - Was saying the opposite.

Delton is GTG in my opinion... Bought one for one of my sons and it has served him flawlessly thus far with very little effort on his part.
    I understood your point. I was simply commenting that there would be no practical difference in accuracy for barrels in that price range.

I appreciate seeing Delton discussed here.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I understood your point. I was simply commenting that there would be no practical difference in accuracy for barrels in that price range.

I appreciate seeing Delton discussed here.

Andy
    Why not?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Why not?
    I would expect any $150(ish) barrel to reliably be a 1.5-3 MOA shooter, regardless of steel used or chrome lining. In my opinion, you have to pay a good bit more to see the accuracy difference between chrome lined and bare steel barrels.

I would think a Stainless Rainier Match SPR barrel should outshoot a Criterion Chrome Lined HBAR barrel, both .223 Wylde (for the sake of argument). I also believe it would require very good ammo, glass, and shooter to capitalize on the difference.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-17-20 at 23:33.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
    I'll throw in some support here.

A DIY Frankenbuild. DPMS 1/9 HBar barrel. PSA stripped lower. PSA Premium BCG. PSA carry handle. AR-Stoner lower parts kit. AR Stoner upper. MagPul furniture.

Shoots great.

That’s an ugly one. Ugly is in though

Feedback Score

Delton is lower tier. Spend a little more and get something good. Colt, BCM. Even PSA premium line. You can always find people to help justify your purchase. If you are happy with it then that ok but “good enough” isnt.

Feedback Score
    I would expect any $150(ish) barrel to reliably be a 1.5-3 MOA shooter, regardless of steel used or chrome lining. In my opinion, you have to pay a good bit more to see the accuracy difference between chrome lined and bare steel barrels.

I would think a Stainless Rainier Match SPR barrel should outshoot a Criterion Chrome Lined HBAR barrel, both .223 Wylde (for the sake of argument). I also believe it would require very good ammo, glass, and shooter to capitalize on the difference.

Andy
    FN SPR rifle uses chrome lined barrels. They shoot 1/2 inch. Chrome if done right is great. Many have been BS’d into thinking chromelined means no accuracy. Not true.

Feedback Score
    Nice build. I'm going back to an A2 on next build.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123