Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which is the best scope for long range hunting?

Feedback Score

which is the best scope for long range hunting?

Several parts help us to take down the target with ease.But when it comes to Scope it plays a vital role in getting long range accurate shooting experience.There are a-lot of Scopes available out there in the market like Nikon , Vortex , Leupold but which is the cheap and best for long range hunting and how to build a gun with the best scope to have a better hunting experience.

Feedback Score

Cool

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    Beat me to it

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gary09 View Post
    Several parts help us to take down the target with ease.But when it comes to Scope it plays a vital role in getting long range accurate shooting experience.There are a-lot of Scopes available out there in the market like Nikon , Vortex , Leupold but which is the cheap and best for long range hunting and how to build a gun with the best scope to have a better hunting experience.
    You're trying to go in two different directions there. Pick one or the other.
    What kind if hunting are you doing? Sitting in a box blind, tree or walking/hiking up hill all day? When it comes to best scopes, the problem is that weight becomes the issue. Therefore US Optics, Schmidt and Bender and the big Nightforce scopes are not ideal.

For my hunting sticks I like 3-9x40 or 3-10x42 or 4-12x50. Obviously with the middle of the road high power and a good starter scope being 10x.

Swarovski Z3
    Zeiss Diavari
    Vortex Viper
    Nightforce SHV
    Leupold VX#

For hunting purposes stay away from ballistic turrets, complicated reticles and first focal plane scopes to keep the cost down and because you should not be doing tactical hold overs or clicking and working up a drop during a hunting outing. Additionally with second focal plane (like most scopes on the market) if you are backed all the way out on power you can still easily see the reticle.

If you are determined on "cheap" the go to walmart and get a Redfield or Simmons and shoot away. they work fine, there is just finer. you'll see.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gary09 View Post
    I'm really curious as to what you consider "long range" and what you are proposing to hunt and what is your cartridge of choice for the hunt. All three matter.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Stop feeding the troll.

PT Mccain check please

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Stop feeding the troll.

PT Mccain check please
    Not even hard to see anymore - this dudes wife likely has him ball-gagged 24-7 and this is his only outlet.

Feedback Score
    Stop feeding the troll.

PT Mccain check please
    Seriously. The post almost seems like an automated marketing spam message

Feedback Score
    Hi Vicious. I'm new to this forum as well as the firearms. I just planning to have an AR 15 for various purposes like self defense , Hunting etc... For that. I need some clarifications before having one

Feedback Score
    Stop feeding the troll.

PT Mccain check please
    Hi Vicious. I'm new to this forum as well as the firearms. I just planning to have an AR 15 for various purposes like self defense , Hunting etc... For that. I need some clarifications before having one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast