Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New AR15A3 Build - pics

Feedback Score

New AR15A3 Build - pics

I know there are a lot of gucci AR lovers who relish hating on value-priced builds, but I just put this A3 clone 20" HBAR rifle together for $600 and it shoots VERY accurately with just the iron sights even with Russian steel cased ammo. PSA A2 lower, Del-Ton barreled upper, spare DPMS A3 carry handle/sight. The trigger is stock and is ok - not super light, but light enough and crisp and consistent. Better than your average mil-spec trigger. The target is 75 yards; the high flyer was my fault. Just off of a front bag rest. Always wanted a "classic" AR 20" rifle; keeping this one as is. So much fun to shoot. The HBAR barrel is definitely noticeably heavier than my 16" carbines, but it keeps the sights steady and heated up soooo much slower.

Feedback Score
    Nice. I dig it, and want one myself.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAPatriot1791 View Post
    I know there are a lot of gucci AR lovers who relish hating on value-priced builds,
    Great way to introduce yourself to the forum with your first post.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Great way to introduce yourself to the forum with your first post.
    Well, not really my first post - used to be a site member but got out of the internet forum thing for a while. I wasn't trying to be presumptive, but you're point is understood, however I've seen a fair amount of posts by people knocking economical yet good quality components without much real reason or experience... so my comment was based off of prior experiences I suppose. Anyway...

Feedback Score
    Great looking rifle.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VAPatriot1791 View Post
    I know there are a lot of gucci AR lovers who relish hating on value-priced builds, but I just put this A3 clone 20" HBAR rifle together for $600 and it shoots VERY accurately with just the iron sights even with Russian steel cased ammo. PSA A2 lower, Del-Ton barreled upper, spare DPMS A3 carry handle/sight. The trigger is stock and is ok - not super light, but light enough and crisp and consistent. Better than your average mil-spec trigger. The target is 75 yards; the high flyer was my fault. Just off of a front bag rest. Always wanted a "classic" AR 20" rifle; keeping this one as is. So much fun to shoot. The HBAR barrel is definitely noticeably heavier than my 16" carbines, but it keeps the sights steady and heated up soooo much slower.

love it!!!!!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I carried an A2 for the better part of my 20 year career, so I love it. You shoot irons a lot better than I!

What do you think of the Del-Ton barrel? Is it chrome lined 1/7?

I'm going to have an A2 upper with a bad barrel as soon as I finish it's replacement.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I carried an A2 for the better part of my 20 year career, so I love it. You shoot irons a lot better than I!

What do you think of the Del-Ton barrel? Is it chrome lined 1/7?

I'm going to have an A2 upper with a bad barrel as soon as I finish it's replacement.

Andy
    The Del-Ton barreled upper is a 1/9 twist which is fine for me; I typically only shoot out to 100 yards, and most of my ammo is 55 - 62 gr stuff which is perfect for 1/9. It isn't chrome lined, but I'm fine with that too; chrome lining doesn't really matter with my volume of shooting and the chrome-moly steel is accurate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice gun. I like it. I appreciate your attitude though I knew someone would quickly be offended by it; which I like as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like it. Nice and simple!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast