Thread: AMT Longslide trade; worth it ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

AMT Longslide trade; worth it ?

Hey guys,

I’m trying to make a trade for an AMT Longslide that is in very good shape. Has a box but not original. I’ve always wanted one but never wanted to pull the trigger and now I regret it considering how much they’ve gone up the last 10 years. Anyway, I did as offered a cash offer for the gun but I rebutted with a trade where I would send my Colt Mark IV Series 70 blued 1911. It’s a reproduction Government Model with the blue cardboard box. Can’t seem to find the value for that gun but I’ve seen Longslides go for $1000+ depending on condition. If I’m asked for cash on the side what would be considered too much?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    AMT didn’t have a reputation for reliability.
    Obviously a 1911 style pistol. Others may know if “parts” are interchangeable with a standard 1911 or are proprietary.
    If the latter, that may be an issue.
    No clue on their value.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    The earlier ones made in Arcadia when Harry Sanford still ran things seem to be better quality.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ahhh, it’s been sold. These are so few in far between even on gunbroker. Wish someone would sell one on here as well.