Thread: Vortex Gen II Razor and Spuhr ISMS Mount?

Feedback Score

Vortex Gen II Razor and Spuhr ISMS Mount?

I have a Masterpiece Arms MPA BA 6.5 CM being built and have been researching the mount and scope. This rifle will be a for range use / distance competition / maybe a little stationary hunting but it weighs a lot and I have other stuff for hunting. I want to get out to 1200 yards with this.

Budget for scope and rings is around $2500. Must be FFP and mil / mil as that is what I am used to.

I am leaning towards Vortex Razor Gen II MRAD 4.5 - 27 x 56 with the EBR- 7 C Reticle.

Leaning towards the Spuhr ISMS 1 piece 34 mm mount.

Is the Spuhr 1 piece mount worth the increased price over Seekins rings? The MPA rifle will have 20 MOA on the rail. Should I get the Spuhr mount with 20 MOA or 44 MOA? So 40 MOA or 64 MOA total?

Any changes to the scope and mount recommended? Thanks!

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I’d highly suggest looking at the Leupold Mark 5 HD 5-25x over the Vortex. I sold my gen 2 razor to buy the leupold with no regrets. The 20 oz saving is almost worth it alone.

I have it mounted in a Spuhr Mount, it’s one of the best mounts out there. If it’s in your budget then go for it
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Once you go for a unimount you will never go back to rings again. You don't have to waste time with aligning, lapping the rings.

Spuhr is the best unimount out there right now. The little wedge also saves you time from leveling the reticle.
    Last edited by mebiuspower; 10-14-20 at 06:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Once you go for a unimount you will never go back to rings again. You don't have to waste time with aligning, lapping the rings.

Spuhr is the best unimount out there right now. The little wedge also saves you time from leveling the reticle.
    Thanks.. what do you mean by the little wedge? I've never seen a Spuhr mount in life but only in pics and research online.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    Thanks.. what do you mean by the little wedge? I've never seen a Spuhr mount in life but only in pics and research online.
    Spuhr mounts come with a small wedge piece that aligns with a divot in the mount to help level your scope when you are mounting the scope and tightening the rings.
    RLTW
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Feedback Score
    Like mentioned in the other thread, i think the Spuhr mount is worth the $, if it fits within your budget. You won't regret it.

The Gen II Razor is an awesome scope and i've put mine through a ton of abuse. It's also heavy, but a lot of people like that for a competition type gun (more total weight = less recoil = less scope movement when shooting, so you can spot impacts and get back on target quicker).

There are also other great options, like the Mark 5 etc, but the Vortex Gen II Razor 4.5-27 is a solid option. There's a reason it's the second most popular scope among PRS shooters https://precisionrifleblog.com/2018/12/21/best-scope/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Like mentioned in the other thread, i think the Spuhr mount is worth the $, if it fits within your budget. You won't regret it.

The Gen II Razor is an awesome scope and i've put mine through a ton of abuse. It's also heavy, but a lot of people like that for a competition type gun (more total weight = less recoil = less scope movement when shooting, so you can spot impacts and get back on target quicker).

There are also other great options, like the Mark 5 etc, but the Vortex Gen II Razor 4.5-27 is a solid option. There's a reason it's the second most popular scope among PRS shooters https://precisionrifleblog.com/2018/12/21/best-scope/
    Yes you got me really thinking Spuhr. Previously I was all in on Seekins rings as that's what I have on my other stuff. Not a big price difference between the 2 and the MPA is going to be a pig anyway so not worried about it being a little heavier.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildawg2531 View Post
    Yes you got me really thinking Spuhr. Previously I was all in on Seekins rings as that's what I have on my other stuff. Not a big price difference between the 2 and the MPA is going to be a pig anyway so not worried about it being a little heavier.
    You have an awesome high end gun, and you will be putting on a high end scope, I think it's well worth a little extra to have the best scope mount. Buy once, cry once