Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SureFire Duel Fuel Scoutlight Pro Tactical Light 1500 Lumen LED M640DF?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

SureFire Duel Fuel Scoutlight Pro Tactical Light 1500 Lumen LED M640DF?

I bought one of these a a couple weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone else has? I think it's a brilliant solution and doesn't require a separate mount. I tightened mine down and it seemed rock solid.

Then I bought a Cloud Defense pressure switch mount and change the orientation. When I tightened the hinge mount again the light seemed to slip with some pressure. At this point I pulled the hinge pin/bolt, put some blue loctite on the threads, and tightened it down with a T handle...tight.

I came back later and everything was tight. I don't think it was because of the loctite however, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Anyway, I'm not going to question it unless it gets loose.

I love the light, 1500 lumens with 18650 battery and I didn't have to buy a mount. Dual fuel so I can use 123 bats too. Comes with a charging solution, but I already have about 15 18650 batteries anyway.

And I really like the Cloud Defense pressure pad mount, its the best thing since good Tequila. So I just ordered another. I like my weapon lights to be momentary switched. I keep a small EDC with me too.

Anybody else have good or bad experiences with this light? Excuse the dog toy.

Cropped SUREFIRE.jpg
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 10-14-20 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I have one DF and just bought two mini scout pros. I thought the pro mounting system was going to be an issue but I really like it. Two mounts for no extra cost and unlike the Arisaka mounts that were previously my favorite, the wings of the body aren’t hanging over any edges. I’ve put a witness mark on mine so I can check to see if it’s rotated but so far haven’t had any issues and it’s been banged around a bit in barrels. I also really appreciate the DF aspect since I have tons of lights and optics that use CR123s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Very nice. I've been thinking about getting one to replace my 600 lumen scoutlight.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1911A1Hawkeyes View Post
    Very nice. I've been thinking about getting one to replace my 600 lumen scoutlight.
    You may be able to buy just the replacement head depending on which light you have. The replacement head will give you 1000 lumens, but its pretty expensive at $200 civilian price. It might be worth it to go with the M640DF because you can use two cr123 (for 1000 lumen) or the rechargeable 18650 (for 1500 lumen) and a built in mount.

I have a second light with 500 lumen too (M600U?), so I've been trying to decide what to do with it. I really like it to be brighter, but 500 isn't bad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I have one DF and just bought two mini scout pros. I thought the pro mounting system was going to be an issue but I really like it. Two mounts for no extra cost and unlike the Arisaka mounts that were previously my favorite, the wings of the body aren’t hanging over any edges. I’ve put a witness mark on mine so I can check to see if it’s rotated but so far haven’t had any issues and it’s been banged around a bit in barrels. I also really appreciate the DF aspect since I have tons of lights and optics that use CR123s.
    Putting the witness mark on is a good idea! I'll do that tonight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsBad View Post
    You may be able to buy just the replacement head depending on which light you have. The replacement head will give you 1000 lumens, but its pretty expensive at $200 civilian price. It might be worth it to go with the M640DF because you can use two cr123 (for 1000 lumen) or the rechargeable 18650 (for 1500 lumen) and a built in mount.

I have a second light with 500 lumen too (M600U?), so I've been trying to decide what to do with it. I really like it to be brighter, but 500 isn't bad.
    Very nice, I'll take a look and see if I can find the head.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here is the replacement head for a M600U
    https://www.primaryarms.com/surefire...ack-1000-lumen

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Here is the replacement head for a M600U
    https://www.primaryarms.com/surefire...ack-1000-lumen
    Might as well buy the entire light for the same price ($199). https://www.armsunlimited.com/SureFi.../m600u-z68.htm

Feedback Score
    I got one about a month ago. I’m very happy with it. I’m using it at a night shoot weekend after next. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought one of these a a couple weeks ago. I was wondering if anyone else has? I think it's a brilliant solution and doesn't require a separate mount. I tightened mine down and it seemed rock solid.

Then I bought a Cloud Defense pressure switch mount and change the orientation. When I tightened the hinge mount again the light seemed to slip with some pressure. At this point I pulled the hinge pin/bolt, put some blue loctite on the threads, and tightened it down with a T handle...tight.

I came back later and everything was tight. I don't think it was because of the loctite however, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Anyway, I'm not going to question it unless it gets loose.

I love the light, 1500 lumens with 18650 battery and I didn't have to buy a mount. Dual fuel so I can use 123 bats too. Comes with a charging solution, but I already have about 15 18650 batteries anyway.

And I really like the Cloud Defense pressure pad mount, its the best thing since good Tequila. So I just ordered another. I like my weapon lights to be momentary switched. I keep a small EDC with me too.

Anybody else have good or bad experiences with this light? Excuse the dog toy.

Cropped SUREFIRE.jpg

I dig the mounting system as well and recommend loctite for sure with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast