Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweaty hands and shooting

Feedback Score
    Im a big fan of hockey tape on grips.
    Use it on my bow, m&p, and rifles.

I havent needed it on g4/5 glocks due to factory texture. Ymmv.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I've never had good luck with Talon grips, even installed exactly per the instructions. Climbers chalk is a good, non permanent solution.

I personally chose to stipple my PPQs. I love the PPQ, but the factory texturing isn't quite aggressive enough for me on them, but that's my only complaint.
    Last edited by HCrum87hc; 10-15-20 at 09:16.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you use climbing chalk. I prefer liquid chalk or dry block cause it’s easier to throw in a range bag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I keep this in my bag for summer comps and outdoor shooting here in Fl. Works GREAT! https://dawsonprecision.com/pro-grip...hancer-lotion/

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I've always had the sweaty hand problem. Grip texture only does so much because my main issue is that the support hand fingers slip on the backs of my strong hand fingers when sweaty. A bit of climbing/gym chalk on the back of my strong hand has helped.
    This is the exact problem I have when shooting in warm weather.
    I've always just put on a mechanix glove on one hand or another. Because I am a cheap@ss, and I already have them.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Try cutting off a piece of bicycle inner tube and stretch it over the grip.

We did this in the early 1980's and it's cost effective. If you don't like it, you are not out much money.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Grip tape, generic or custom fit, or I wear gloves with the trigger finger tips cut off.

Prefer pistols with a factory grippy texture of course. (Or G10 grip panels with good / aggressive texture)

Feedback Score
    I would recommend antiperspirant, less likely to get in the action than chalk.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have the same issue with my PPQ. I love the feel, but in my first multi-day class, I noted that the texture isn’t enough. Even indoors in the fall. I used a mechanix glove on my support hand.

Question for those who have used, does TalonGrip (which like for my Reptilia CQG) or other permanent/semi-permanent options maintain the comfort level of the PPQ’s grip design while adding enough friction to maintain actual grip?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I use 3M Safety Walk, way cheaper than TalonGrips.

Alternatively, climbing chalk is a pretty popular solution in USPSA.

Or get a bunch of Captains of Crush and get working on those. The long way around, but the best way.
    Yep, 3M grip tape has been my solution for years. Aggressive grip texture helps too if that is an option. My Colt Government wears VZ Gunnar grips, a checkered MSH and grip tape on the front strap. My hands get a good workout almost everyday which does help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast