Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weaponlight mount pic thread?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    (I do NOT suggest this one as a viable solution)
    What exactly is that setup, anyway? I see a G2 and an ultimak on an AK, but what's going on with that mount?
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    What exactly is that setup, anyway? I see a G2 and an ultimak on an AK, but what's going on with that mount?
    It's this. Good in theory, but the MFer just wouldn't stay tight no matter how hard I turned the screw or how much locktite I put on it. Was trying to avoid having to buy the Vltor offset Scout mount and just use what I had. No go. Vltor offset resides there now.

Feedback Score
    Rob, it would be very helpful if you could identify the mounts shown in the above photos for those of us who might like to replicate one of those set-ups.

Thanks!
    Ron

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RS2 View Post
    Rob, it would be very helpful if you could identify the mounts shown in the above photos for those of us who might like to replicate one of those set-ups.

Thanks!
    I'm working on the finishing touches for an article on my site for exactly that. That was what prompted me to post this thread. I'll go back and edit my picture post with a gear list.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    It's this. Good in theory, but the MFer just wouldn't stay tight no matter how hard I turned the screw or how much locktite I put on it. Was trying to avoid having to buy the Vltor offset Scout mount and just use what I had. No go. Vltor offset resides there now.
    What didn't stay tight, the Warne part to the rail or your ring to the Warne part?

Did you try sending the offending part back for a replacement or correction?
    Last edited by jmart; 12-01-08 at 18:08.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    "Figure 8" mount available from M&A Parts. You can use a shim for an A1 barrel.

[IMG][/IMG]

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    "Figure 8" mount available from M&A Parts. You can use a shim for an A1 barrel.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks like a nice solution. Think I found it listed on the M&A website:

http://www.m-aparts.com/productsDetail.asp?id=1058

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    What didn't stay tight, the Warne part to the rail or your ring to the Warne part?

Did you try sending the offending part back for a replacement or correction?
    The Warne part to the rail. The little claw that interfaces with the Ultimak is attached to the 90* rail section with an allen screw, and that's what wouldn't stay tight.

I didn't bother sending it back. For $20 I called it a lesson learned.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I used a cheap weaver scope ring as well, with a Streamlight Scorpion LED. I would like to replace the light and mount, but this set up will work just fine for now.

Last edited by the_fallguy; 12-01-08 at 20:51.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast