Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1049

Thread: Weaponlight mount pic thread?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Weaponlight mount pic thread?

Added a Streamlight Protac Rail Mount 2, on a T.Rex Arms Lightbar (made by Arisaka), to this 7.5” 5.56 SBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have been trying this setup for the last year. Why? Just trying to keep weight off the front of this thing.

While I have other lights (X300, X300U, Inforce) the tape switch makes using the Protac RM2 very easy. I also have a Roschworks SL1 which would be the absolute lightest setup with the built in front sight. Just a lot less long range throw compared to the RM2.

Anywho, yes shooting lefty is harder to operate the light and sure there is more of a shadow being mounted that far back. I have not shot this at night and don't have that ability anymore. If my buddy ends up with 40 acres he said I can come over and shoot at night to vet some of these light options.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    I have been trying this setup for the last year. Why? Just trying to keep weight off the front of this thing.

While I have other lights (X300, X300U, Inforce) the tape switch makes using the Protac RM2 very easy. I also have a Roschworks SL1 which would be the absolute lightest setup with the built in front sight. Just a lot less long range throw compared to the RM2.

Anywho, yes shooting lefty is harder to operate the light and sure there is more of a shadow being mounted that far back. I have not shot this at night and don't have that ability anymore. If my buddy ends up with 40 acres he said I can come over and shoot at night to vet some of these light options.

I have a Roschworks SLM1 I’d sell you that might help! It’s the front sight with a 1” hole for you to add your own light. I’ve been using it with a Surefire P2X Fury (discontinued now I think) but the nylon body G2X would fit in it too. It would be more a lot more throw than the SL1.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    I have a Roschworks SLM1 I’d sell you that might help! It’s the front sight with a 1” hole for you to add your own light. I’ve been using it with a Surefire P2X Fury (discontinued now I think) but the nylon body G2X would fit in it too. It would be more a lot more throw than the SL1.

Thanks, I will think about it. I sold an extra SL1 a few years ago and probably should have kept it!

This weaponlight thread is probably not the right place for discussion, but what the heck. So I started down the path yesterday of hardware, what I have, whats out there etc. Then I thought about the "mission" of HD. Do I need 500 lumens to PID a target at the edge of my property? Or is 250 lumens enough for the <50y scenario or in the house?

Its funny that the older SF scout lights were pretty low with respect to lumens and now people want 1000 or 1500 lumens.

Back to the SL1, I emailed Malkoff years ago and got a response from the man himself. I asked about an updated head and he said the E1 head might fit if you sand off the anodize. But that is only about a 70 lumen bump.

Lots to learn from my end. For now, going to install the SL1 and see whats what.
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 02-17-21 at 20:19.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Thanks, I will think about it. I sold an extra SL1 a few years ago and probably should have kept it!

This weaponlight thread is probably not the right place for discussion, but what the heck. So I started down the path yesterday of hardware, what I have, whats out there etc. Then I thought about the "mission" of HD. Do I need 500 lumens to PID a target at the edge of my property? Or is 250 lumens enough for the <50y scenario or in the house?

Its funny that the older SF scout lights were pretty low with respect to lumens and now people what 1000 or 1500 lumens.

Back to the SL1, I emailed Malkoff years ago and got a response from the man himself. I asked about an updated head and he said the E1 head might fit if you sand off the anodize. But that is only about a 70 lumen bump.

Lots to learn from my end. For now, going to install the SL1 and see whats what.
    Check your PM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Inforce on Colt 10.3" monolithic upper - easy thumb activation
    Last edited by TriggerFish; 03-02-21 at 18:57.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Its funny that the older SF scout lights were pretty low with respect to lumens and now people want 1000 or 1500 lumens.

@Rayrevolver

Just checking to make sure you received the SLM1.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    For those of you who have a MAWL and are looking for a way to streamline the controls a little bit, I came across a post on TOS where I member modified the mount on their ModButton Lite switch to clear the MAWL EC2 tail cap, allowing the ModButton Lite to mount directly to the slot behind the MAWL, instead of two slots back as would be required without performing this modification.

Here's what needs to be done.

When actually mounted, it looks like this picture below. There is a notch cut into the ModButton Lite mount where the EC2 tail cap would typically make contact.

With the MAWL mounted up, the EC2 tail cap assembly now clears the ModButton Lite switch with no contact what so ever.

Everything is now streamlined and easily accessible with the support thumb. The Modbutton Lite is also accessible from the other side as well, so ambidextrous.

Hopefully someone finds this as useful as I did.
    Last edited by Rogue556; 04-24-21 at 00:42.

Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast