Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Weaponlight mount pic thread?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

I use my middle finger to activate the Surefire clicker tail cap for either momentary or constant on:

S/F,
    Jeff

Feedback Score

Here's a G2L on my LWRC M6A1. Mount is a Vltor Scout Offset.

Feedback Score
    Not AR types, but not exactly conventional, either...

Saiga-12
    Surefire 6P upgraded with P61 lamp/reflector, shock-isolated bezel and tape switch
    Laser Devices universal barrel mount
    Leupold QRW throw-lever scope ring

AK-105 SBR
    Surefire 6P upgraded with P61 lamp/reflector and shock-isolated bezel
    CAA tri-rail lower handguard
    El-cheapo 1" scope ring (has since been replaced with a Leupold QRW)

Feedback Score
    Not knocking your setup, but how many rounds have you put downrange with that particular light and mount. I am just curious as to how the thin rubber sleeve is holding up to heat and the entire light being locked into a metal mount. I own and like the scorpion, and generally have it with me while on duty but I did not think that it would be able to take that much abuse. Plus, damn those batteries are expensive if it gets left on.

Quote Originally Posted by the_fallguy View Post
    I used a cheap weaver scope ring as well, with a Streamlight Scorpion LED. I would like to replace the light and mount, but this set up will work just fine for now.

Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.

George Washington, Farewell Address, September 19, 1796

Feedback Score
    Green Surefire G2L in an Elzetta front sight base mount:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Friday View Post
    Not knocking your setup, but how many rounds have you put downrange with that particular light and mount. I am just curious as to how the thin rubber sleeve is holding up to heat and the entire light being locked into a metal mount. I own and like the scorpion, and generally have it with me while on duty but I did not think that it would be able to take that much abuse. Plus, damn those batteries are expensive if it gets left on.
    This is definitely not my ideal set-up - It just has to work until I scrape up the money for a Surefire G2 LED and a Viking Tactics offset light mount. I haven't run any rounds though the rifle since I mounted the Scorpion, so I guess we'll just see how things go. I imagine it's at least g2g in the event I need the rifle for any defensive purposes, as I don't foresee shooting enough in that situation to really heat things up to the point of failure. I could definitely see the possibility of failure in an intensive training class, though. I will most deffinitely replace it as soon as I am able to swing it, but for now, I suppose it's one of those situations where mindset, tactics and skill at arms will have to overcome dodgy equipment.

As far as batteries go, I live in the same town as a popular online battery supplier, so I get them in bulk for a pretty good price.

Feedback Score
    Fallguy

Understood. (Especially about the extra funds!) +1 on the G2L & VT mount. Try Grants package deals. You can kind of customize them to your wants/needs. Good luck
    Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism.

George Washington, Farewell Address, September 19, 1796

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I've thought about getting the VT offset mount, but I like the "scout" style setup on this particular configuration on the blaster I've got the cheap-o rings on.

Anyone recommend a good "scout" style, "real" mount, for the G2?

I've been pondering the VLTOR as well. I got the weaver rings, just to hold the damned thing on, until I decide if I'm digging the scout-type setup.

I know Grant's got the SF proprietary mount, I've considered that as well, but it looks like a throw-lever/clamp type mount, which worries me about the stability.

Somebody sell me on a good, non-offset mount, so I can replace my hillbilly'd up setup.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

S/F,
    Jeff

Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast