Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: Weaponlight mount pic thread?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    What mount is that if you don't mind me asking? It looks like a decent setup for those without extended rails and a pinned in sight post.
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=95251

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I mount mine at 11:00. Using my FSP as a reference point and my stubby VFG as a handstop, I grip my rifle "beercan style" (not sure if that's the right terminology) with my thumb over the rail and just behind the FSP. At that position I roll my thumb-nuckle forward slightly to activate the G2.

Feedback Score
    Shown below, with a pressure switch on the opposite side in the gap between the top and side rails where my thumb naturally rests. I like this setup for the following reasons:

1. The light body is less obtrusive on the right side and I can use my natural grip without the light getting in the way.

2. I can activate the back light switch with my right hand thumb if shooting weak side.

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by krm375 View Post
    I have heard of some guys putting a drop of light oil on the lens of the light before shooting, so that the carbon from the muzzle will wipe off with a sweep of the finger.
    Ill have to try that out.

Its really not that difficult to get off.

I keep a box of baby wipes for cleaning and it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    Unless your light is very near the muzzle, there will be a shadow cast by the barrel. Where that shadow is depends on where your light is obviously. Where you do not want the shadow is directly in your field of view, which is of course above the barrel. The 6 o'clock position was the common place to mount the light for awhile, especially with surefire vfg with integrated light. People got sick of the shadow directly in their line of sight so they moved the light up to 3:00 and 9:00, then 11:00, until they could mount them forward of the fsb.
    Thanks Plato! That makes sense.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thread merged with the weaponlight pic thread that's been active since 2008.

Yes, coating the lens with a skim-coat of your favorite lip balm, of weapon lube, or similar will help make cleaning the smut off a matter of using a facial tissue and applying a new coat.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Yes, coating the lens with a skim-coat of your favorite lip balm, of weapon lube, or similar will help make cleaning the smut off a matter of using a facial tissue and applying a new coat.
    Or move the light back and quit shooting like a match homo!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Or move the light back and quit shooting like a match homo!
    A buddy of mine who is current active duty SF turned me on to the thumb over far out grip. He said they went up for a few days to the AMU and they turned the SF guys onto that grip. He said they found it faster and more accurate. Then again, he's a sniper, not a door kicker, so maybe it has other drawbacks. I guess I'll keep being a match homo (that doesn't shoot matches) for now.

Last edited by ASH556; 01-18-12 at 12:26.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Thread merged with the weaponlight pic thread that's been active since 2008.
    Sorry; didn't mean to be redundant. As I mentioned, I've studied all the photos, but was looking more for the rationale for one position over another.

The 11:00 position with the G2L in a Gear Section mount on the top rail feels comfortable enough. I was just wondering if there were other factors I wasn't taking into consideration.
    Ron

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebreath View Post
    Shown below, with a pressure switch on the opposite side in the gap between the top and side rails where my thumb naturally rests. I like this setup for the following reasons:

1. The light body is less obtrusive on the right side and I can use my natural grip without the light getting in the way.

2. I can activate the back light switch with my right hand thumb if shooting weak side.

Do you have a pic of the opposite side? do you find that you accidentally activate it sometimes being that it rests under your natural grip?

Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast