Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Weaponlight mount pic thread?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    Do you have a pic of the opposite side? do you find that you accidentally activate it sometimes being that it rests under your natural grip?
    Here is a series of pictures showing the placement. It is placed so that my most natural grip puts my thumb at the front end of the switch. That way I feel it under my thumb, but won't inadvertently activate it. A slight bend of the thumb puts it right on the switch and feels very natural and easily activated.

Switch placement:

Natural grip position:

Activation position:

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. - Confucius

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I mounted in mine in the same fashion.

Mike

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    LifeBreath I like that, nice and streamlined. Im gona give something like that a try.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    here are my two babies.

Attachment 10927

Attachment 10928

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is my Solar force L2P host with a fully potted Thrunight 460 lumen xml drop in, and heavily modified Solar force pressure switch/tail cap, dressed in a nice Vltor scout mount.

Last edited by camoman; 01-27-12 at 00:00.

Feedback Score
    I hope the upgraded internals work out for you, sounds pretty well beefed up. I still have a stock solarforce L2P on my night stand that works well. The L2 that I originally had mounted on my AR gave up after about 7 or 8 range trips and was replaced with an Elzetta ZFL-M60. A new module may fix it, but I only paid like $20 for it to begin with.

The L2P has proven to be a good utility light though...definitely waterproof as an evening in a hot tub in December proved...lol.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    This is my Solar force L2P host with a fully potted Thrunight 460 lumen xml drop in, and heavily modified Solar force pressure switch/tail cap, dressed in a nice Vltor scout mount.
    It's good to see a fellow SOLARFORCE user here. Man... if you aren't buying solarforce lights, you're spending way too much.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Solar force host itself is every bit as good as a 6p, the problems I had was the solder job in the tail cap switch, the pressure switch was cheap....nothing a whole lot of soldering and embedding in epoxy couldn't fix. I also had to isolate the switch cord at the fixture (build out with epoxy) to prevent the inevitable failure due to the use of an inferior adhesive to embed the cord to the fixture.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssracer View Post
    I hope the upgraded internals work out for you, sounds pretty well beefed up. I still have a stock solarforce L2P on my night stand that works well. The L2 that I originally had mounted on my AR gave up after about 7 or 8 range trips and was replaced with an Elzetta ZFL-M60. A new module may fix it, but I only paid like $20 for it to begin with.

The L2P has proven to be a good utility light though...definitely waterproof as an evening in a hot tub in December proved...lol.
    Man those solar force drop ins are cheap! I believe the Thru night drop in are much better quality....although you have to pot them yourself.

Page 47 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast