Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast

Thread: Weaponlight mount pic thread?

Feedback Score
    I'm debating whether to get a Surefire M300A or M600C for a 10.5" Noveske upper with DD MK18 RIS rail. I do not want the light to extend past the muzzle, and would like to run the rifle with a Magpl AFG2 and a Surefire Dual Switch Pressure Pad on the top rail, just behind the front folding sight.

Does anyone have a similar set up, and would the Thorntail SBR mount be the one to go with? Since I would like to use a pressure pad on the top rail, would I have any problem mounting the Thorntail on the side rail?

If anyone have some pics of a similar set up they can post, that would be great. Thanks for any assistance you guys can provide.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tango2249 View Post
    I'm debating whether to get a Surefire M300A or M600C for a 10.5" Noveske upper with DD MK18 RIS rail. I do not want the light to extend past the muzzle, and would like to run the rifle with a Magpl AFG2 and a Surefire Dual Switch Pressure Pad on the top rail, just behind the front folding sight.

Does anyone have a similar set up, and would the Thorntail SBR mount be the one to go with? Since I would like to use a pressure pad on the top rail, would I have any problem mounting the Thorntail on the side rail?

If anyone have some pics of a similar set up they can post, that would be great. Thanks for any assistance you guys can provide.
    I would definitely say the 600C over the 300. The Mini-Scout just plain does not have enough light in my opinion. Also if you need IR down the line, you can slap a KM2 on the 600c. There is not yet an LED WH/IR alternative for the 300A, although there will eventually be I wouldn't hold your breath.

As far as mounts go there is no right way, just what works for you. I would figure out how you grip your gun with nothing on it and then put the accessories (lights, lasers, sling mounts, etc.) where your hands are not. The Haley may or may not be the best mount for your situation. I would just recommend looking at everything out there; Gear Sector, LaRue, & Danger Close Consulting all have great offerings that may better suit you.

If for whatever reason you find the length of the 600C to be an issue, I would go with the X300. It is lighter and brighter than the M300A, and you can get the XT07 if you want to run a pressure switch.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by highlighter View Post
    That's nice.
    Thanks, I have to take another picture, I threw some larue handstops on there now so it looks slightly different.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    I like it. Do you find the barrel shadow to be a non issue for targets 10 feet and farther away?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOUNT-N-SLOT View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I have the scout light, and x300s for my carbines. I just transitioned to these exclusively on my VTAC/Troy uppers these mounts get the lights super close to the hand guards and you can position them anywhere on the tube. I still like my light down low at 6 on the rails right under the barrel and out of eye view, with a tail switch on top. I like them better than the supplied rail mounted surefire mount, better than gear sector scout light mount.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot Barry View Post
    I like it. Do you find the barrel shadow to be a non issue for targets 10 feet and farther away?
    I didn't really notice any barrel shadow at all. It's probably on the ceiling and I'm looking at the target. This is really a solid mount, nothing but quality and it has sling lugs on both sides. Here's a picture of the mount and a link to the website:

http://customdefensiveproducts.com/p...AR15/BLAM.html

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    That looks like a nice simple setup, however unless you're using a tape switch it looks sort of awkward to manipulate a rocker switch.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Loving this x5l gen2

Page 53 of 105 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast