Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pistol light w strobe able to be activated 1 handed by dominant hand trigger finger?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Pistol light w strobe able to be activated 1 handed by dominant hand trigger finger?

Is there a pistol light that has a strobe feature that can be engaged with my dominant/firing hand trigger finger while in hand?

I ask because I can find plenty of lights that have a strobe but getting info about how the strobe is activated and whether or not I can be done one handed with the firing hand is harder.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    TLR7A. Strobe can be activated with a double click of the trigger finger.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    TLR-1S or HL assuming your finger can reach the front of the trigger guard. Double tap momentary for strobe.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-15-20 at 09:09.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You can do it 2 ways with the TLR-2S or 1S.

You can either hit the momentary once and then quickly hit and hold the momentary again, or you can bump the momentary and then slide it to maintained if you want it to stay strobing and free up your trigger finger for use.

You may even have a 3rd option to hit maintained and then immediately go to momentary. Never tried it that way.

If you decide you don’t want the strobe feature at all, you can also program it out.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 10-15-20 at 15:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the help so far guys!

I was very interested in the OLIGHT Valkyrie until I found out that I had to press both buttons/both sides simultaneously to activate the strobe. Then I was all like how is that gonna work with one hand?!

TED

Feedback Score
    I have the TLR-1 and the TLR-7. They both can engage the strop with the trigger finger. one handed. The TLR-1 can do it while still aiming down the sighs with no movement. The TLR-7 does not a little for me. But im ok with that, as its on a G19 as my primary carry weapon when not wearing a duty belt.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I have the TLR-1 and the TLR-7. They both can engage the strobe with the trigger finger. one handed. The TLR-1 can do it while still aiming down the sighs with no movement. The TLR-7 does not a little for me. But im ok with that, as its on a G19 as my primary carry weapon when not wearing a duty belt.
    TLR-7A fixes the switch issues the original TLR-7 had. Much improved design.

Here’s the A version on my G19 as reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yes, that design came out after i got mine, And i contacted streamlight about retro fitting, they are not compatible. So would have to get a new one. I did not mention that in my post because i have not handled one yet. As soon as I do, I will make the decision to replace my current one

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know about y'all but things like this (firing hand only strobe selection) is far more important to me than max brightness or run time.

TED

Feedback Score
    I agree Ted, controls are top of the list, strobe is second. And lumens are list. Least for pistol lights, rifles need a navigation mode and high mode. strobe is a plus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast