Thread: Cannelure Question

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Cannelure Question

I have 100 75 gr. Hornady HPBTM without cannelure. Is there any affect on accuracy with working up the load using these and then switching to the same bullet with cannelure for storage ammo?
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    None at all in my experience. I've shot the same combos in Hornady 75, Sierra 77, and Nosler 77 with no issues.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    sub, trying to answer one of your PMs but your box is full.
    Sent Items contains 0 messages. You have 39 messages stored, of a total 50 allowed.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A crimp would likely make a difference, the cannelure by itself would reduce precision to a slight degree if nothing else changed.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, I have done this and noticed no difference in accuracy.