Thread: NGSW Award Breadcrumb?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

NGSW Award Breadcrumb?

Did anyone notice that Sig posted on their site that they are looking to hire CNC Set-Up/Operator, CNC Operator III (2nd & 3rd Shift) at their Exeter, NH location, and are open to paying relocation expenses?

Pretty interesting considering that they didn’t do this when they were awarded the M17/M18 contract and to say this is to handle the commercial market would be odd considering we are weeks away from major elections which could be, depending on the outcome, detrimental to it would lead one to surmise if applying Occam’s Razor logic that they’ve received notification of an award and are bolstering their production ability to handle Full Rate Production.

Things that make you go “hmmm”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Does sig manufacture for other entities both within and outside the firearms industry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Might just be looking to transition to a new part of the country; or they could need to bump production up for a DoD or FMS contract.

Or both.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Didn't they also just open a new plant in Rochester NH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Might just be looking to transition to a new part of the country; or they could need to bump production up for a DoD or FMS contract. Or both.
    All positions are at their plant in Exeter, NH.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Didn't they also just open a new plant in Rochester NH?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sig did announce that they are opening a new manufacturing facility in Rochester NH as well. As for the NGSW. I don’t think this is an indicator one way or the other. Sig has plenty to keep busy these days and are find more and more work NSGW or not.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I'm guessing this is to ramp up production of already existing products that SiG is waaay behind on (most of the LGS's here have guns, but they have few or no SiGs). And possibly to put out a surplus in the event that the Dems sweep the White House and Senate.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue7a View Post
    Gotcha, read the OP wrong.

Still, they likely are just expanding. With SIG Germany closed, they may need to up throughput in the USA.