Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking about new A2 or A1 upper.

Feedback Score
    Love the A1
    Lightweight, streamlined and simple

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    Bear in mind, the upper Tony's has is not an A1. That is just what they call it. It is a M16A1E1/C7 type upper that was originally developed as part of the M16A2 series. Some refer to it as an A2 upper with field sights. An A1 upper does not have the brass deflector (Brunton Bump). The M16A1E1/C7 uppers were used on 700 series carbines (primarily the 723 and 733) and some very early M16A2s (M16A1E1).
    I hate to admit this in front of a purist like yourself, but my A1 and CAR-ish clones have the Brunton Bump and 1:7 twist barrels. [seppuku to follow]

I am a southpaw for shooting and don't care for the brass bouncing off my face! Endured it for 4 years as an Army grunt, now I don't have to (although I do have one of those gay snap-in brass deflectors but refuse to mount it!). As far as the twist rate, you can't see it and I can shoot ANY 5.56 load out there, not just limited to M193 rounds.

On a side note, I bought one of the Brownells XM177E2 uppers, stupidly thinking that for some reason 35 or so years in the future would make the brass not hit my face. Nope!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Plus you can play GI Joes with them. Feeling like an IDF carbine? Get out the bands or stop and shop at Zahal. Watching Black Hawk Down? Pull 'em off. 80s theme? Either or. 723? Check.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer61 View Post
    Plus you can play GI Joes with them. Feeling like an IDF carbine? Get out the bands or stop and shop at Zahal. Watching Black Hawk Down? Pull 'em off. 80s theme? Either or. 723? Check.
    Yep, got those! lol
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer61 View Post
    Tony's Customs. Their A1 upper is a perfect-and I mean perfect-match to Anderson's lowers. Their site lists them in stock as of today.
    Thanks! I went with Tony's customs. Delivery took a while but it looks perfect. I haven't put it together yet maybe early 2021. I have a Colt 16" M4 barrel for a Larry Vickers style Delta upper.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just for the benefit of anyone who might come across this thread and see my earlier post, Fulton Armory seems to have now seriously scaled back the variety of Retro upper receivers they offer on their site. Dunno if it is temporary or permanent. Regular A1 uppers and C7 style are currently gone, they only have slick sides (only listed as part of a set with a BCG) and A2 style now.

Feedback Score

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12