Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are you guys finding parts for AR builds?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    If there is something very specific that you want, get on a "Notify in Stock" several places. I haven't found anything these last few months that hasn't been in stock at some point. Now, when it IS in stock, you gotta move fast, but I haven't had a problem yet.
    The last barrel I got was a 12.5" from Criterion and I was on their "Notify" list same goes for A5H2 and A5H3 buffers which the world seems flush with at the moment, temporarily I'm sure.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 10-16-20 at 14:07.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    GB isn't bad if looking for something specific. Example: search on 'lpk', you can still find quality name brand LPK's (not many, but watch, they pop up regularly) there amidst all the noise of the mediocre ones.

ETA: for example an DD LPK.
    Last edited by maximus83; 10-16-20 at 14:39.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Primary Arms has been super fast about shipping lately.

Ive also used Optics planet recently and they where good.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Primary arms, Brownells, Midwayusa mostly. I did swallow my pride and buy a geissele lpk from Cheaper Than Dirt this week because they were the only place that had one in stock and they weren't gouging for it surprisingly. Also ordered some stuff directly from Bravo Company.

Feedback Score
    Quality parts and ammo have been slim pickings this year. The last part I was able to buy was a BCM MCMR 13” hand guard two weeks ago. But I had a BCM 14.5” barrel, BCM upper, BCM Gunfighter, Toolcraft DLC BCG. and KAC rear and front sights already for the build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by echofiveniner View Post
    Wondering where everyone is finding parts for AR builds at?
    My weapon storage area has a dedicated parts section, I also have multiples that are built and torn down as needed to make new configurations.

Build as needed, and restock when prices are low and sales are good. If you wait until crisis time, you can always expect to pay more (or at least more than usual).
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by echofiveniner View Post
    Wondering where everyone is finding parts for AR builds at?
    In my toolboxes...

They were well stocked when things were plentiful and inexpensive.

Feedback Score
    arpartsfinder.com

http://arpartsfinder.com/
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Primary Arms, Rainier Arms, or direct from the manufacturer if you have something specific you are looking for. White Label Armory may be another option, they are the retail side of DRG manufacturing, which makes OEM parts. Just read the part descriptions carefully, some have very similar descriptions but made from different materials.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    In my toolboxes...

They were well stocked when things were plentiful and inexpensive.
    Yup, thats the way to do it. I know guys who hold onto parts just so they can sell them off and recoup parts when things get tight.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast