Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some legitimate input on an AR Pistol purchase

Feedback Score

Looking for some legitimate input on an AR Pistol purchase

I know this will all be relative but I would like some honestly reasonable input from those of you who actually OWN one of the pistols below as I’m in the market to purchase one.

Geissele Super Duty 5.56 10.3” Pistol

or

LWRC M6IC DI 5.56 10.5” Pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Why 10.3/10.5"?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Neither is a cheap (as in inexpensive) weapon. Unless you plan on SBR-ing it or just don't give a shit, I have a gut feeling braces are going to be a thing of the past before too long. That would be a lot of $$$ to drop for a questionable future. Also, 11.5" has been shown to be superior to a 10.5" AR barrel length.

For those who will give me shit on the bolded part: Buy what you want, it's 'Murica! I think at some point you'll either have to SBR it to be on the "up and up" or ignore it and then might as well slap a stock on it if braces are deemed by the Reichstag at ATF to be verboten. Your call.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Geissele vs LWRC???

That's a no brainer.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Why 10.3/10.5"?
    Honestly, because I haven’t been able to find a Geissele 11.5 and these two were the next best options in my opinion. Heck, if I could find a SOLGW in 11.5, I’d buy that before either of those two but that’s unobtainium as well.

Last edited by scubacuba; 11-10-20 at 22:02.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scubacuba View Post
    Honestly, because I haven’t been able to find a Geissele 11.5 and these two were the next best options in my opinion. Heck, if I could find a SOLGW in 11.5, I’d buy that before either of those two but that’s unobtainium as well.

On FB, the solgw owners group post in stock notifications regularly, just gotta be fast

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2408...693/?ref=share

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    On FB, the solgw owners group post in stock notifications regularly, just gotta be fast

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2408...693/?ref=share

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Neither is a cheap (as in inexpensive) weapon. Unless you plan on SBR-ing it or just don't give a shit, I have a gut feeling braces are going to be a thing of the past before too long. That would be a lot of $$$ to drop for a questionable future. Also, 11.5" has been shown to be superior to a 10.5" AR barrel length.

For those who will give me shit on the bolded part: Buy what you want, it's 'Murica! I think at some point you'll either have to SBR it to be on the "up and up" or ignore it and then might as well slap a stock on it if braces are deemed by the Reichstag at ATF to be verboten. Your call.
    If the election results hold with Biden, I'm afraid you're right. As we've seen with the honey badger the ATF is a ruling away from banning the use of braces.

Unfortunately, Trump set the precedent with the bump stock executive order.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/11/atf...#axzz6dUQTzocS

What would be interesting is how a new Supreme Court would rule on this since their are millions of SB Tactical braces and the threshold for common use is 200k.
    Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by omegajb; 11-11-20 at 06:48.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

OP,

I have a BCM 11.5 SBR and a Geissele URGI 10.3” pistol. I know they are not exactly what your asking about, but from my experience I like think 11.5 is better, but not enough for me to say adios to 10.3”. I went with the 10.3” w/ a Law folder so I could get the gun to fit in a backpack for CCW as a truck gun. Things being what they are, I’d grab whichever you can find in stock at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by omegajb View Post

What would be interesting is how a new Supreme Court would rule on this since their are millions of SB Tactical braces and the threshold for common use is 200k.
    Do you have a reference for the common use threshold of 200k? Just looking educate myself on the topic.
    Last edited by Korgs130; 11-11-20 at 09:05.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Having had a 10.3", 11.5", and a 12.5 I rarely used the 10.3 and recently just sold it. 12.5" IMO is the best do all but I use my 11.5 as HD gun as its my oldest SBR and has been through some shit.

I would prefer the Geissele Super Duty to the LWRC. But BCM makes a great 11.5 upper (although not very accurate). DD now makes one along with centurion and Sionics. All solid - bet your life on them uppers.

You could also grab parts and build the gun. If your not thrilled by that, talk to someone like Steve at Citizen Arms and he will make you an outstanding pistol at an affordable price.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast