Howdy,

I've always had prepping on my mind but tended to buy the "toys" instead of the "goods" I'd stock up ammo and not food or silver/gold etc....

That changed last year I went full time RV with a travel trailer and have been outfitting it for boon docking which is pure prepping. I fear as a solo it would be way too much of a target and only useful for quick early get away unless I found more like minded and heeled folks.

It seems the opposite of stocking a secure location to fall back to but for minor out breaks of insanity I think it works great! I have solar power that will run most low voltage indefinitely. Generator for higher power tasks. 38+ gallons of water. Tow vehicle, Tundra 4x4, has 500 mile range towing. Come first week of Nov. you can count on me be in the desert!

While I'm sure I'd be a sitting duck in many environments it still gives the the super fast bug out when ever I get the sniff of trouble. I can hitch up and split in 30 minutes or less if need be.

They are certainly targets though. I read of a couples "adventure" after Hurricane Katrina I believe where they were able to evacuate in style and safety. They got momentarily stuck at a FEMA camp (don't ask me how!) and soon became a target. "let us use your restroom; give us water; why should you have.....etc..." Folks started to get hostile just because they were prepared. All within the confines of a gov't facility!

I think an RV of some sort is essential! Especially in harsh climates at the wrong time of year. Again, great for minor temporary out breaks but usefulness may decline unless you can get to a secure location with others...

Anyone else prepping with an RV in mind and have some strategies to share?

Thanks!