Thread: Serious Problem with DD Fixed Irons on BCM Rifle

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Serious Problem with DD Fixed Irons on BCM Rifle

Hey Folks, I promise I have searched deeply and can’t find anything to resolve this issue. Any admin that can view my activity will be able confirm my efforts. I only mention this because I’ve modded other forums where simple searches are seldom done for common questions. With that out of the way...

I recently purchased a 16” BCM Recce with a KMR A15 on which I mounted a pair of DD fixed irons. I only plan on running Irons for the foreseeable/time being but these are not working. My results are as follows. Using M193 ball ammo at 25 yds for initial zero, I was still approximately 1.5” below POA with the front sight post bottomed 100% completely out. After not finding a resolution here, I decided to contact BCM for advice, thinking I’d chosen improper sights for this rifle. They immediately requested I return the upper with sights installed, and to their credit sent me a prepaid 3day ups label. In short, they confirmed what I did, and obviously checked the upper for issues. They let me know today that with an A2 handle, and Troy flip front installed, they were able to complete a proper zero, no problem. About this, they stated that this setup met/matched proper MIL-SPEC height requirements. They did not state the DD sights were lacking in this regard but did say they suspect one of the sights was too tall or short. Very confusing. And they suggested I contact DD regarding the issue which I have done. I’m presently awaiting a reply from them, and shortly the return of my upper from BCM. I bought these sights from a reputable dealer and do not believe them to be counterfeit, and there’s nothing I can see that’s obviously wrong with them.

With the lack of availability on many AR parts, you can imagine the frustration I’m having. I really don’t want a carry handle, but do want to run irons now, and still when I do eventually acquire a good optic. I am new to ARs, but I’ve shot M1 and M1 Carbines extensively over the last 20 years so I am very partial to that traditional setup. If I’m an idiot for choosing the entirely wrong setup out of ignorance I don’t mind being called out on it. I’m just looking for advice and help from any of you here who no doubt know more than I. Thank you in advance for any assistance.
    Last edited by Patrick_B; 10-17-20 at 13:17.