Thread: Sidearm when working hard, physically?

Feedback Score

Sidearm when working hard, physically?

For me working hard (for example, climbing onto and under vehicles) is still a niche for a pocket revolver.

I've been carrying a Beretta Jetfire as backup / pocket gun and for the first time after years found the mag had popped loose after having been under a vehicle. That's happened with several other autos but this was a first with the Beretta and its anti-accidental release button location.

Back to the LCR for that role.

Many years ago I relied on a NAA Mini .22 mag for the same purpose but decided a knife was better than the slow, clumsy mini.

How about you?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    For me working hard (for example, climbing onto and under vehicles) is still a niche for a pocket revolver.

I've been carrying a Beretta Jetfire as backup / pocket gun and for the first time after years found the mag had popped loose after having been under a vehicle. That's happened with several other autos but this was a first with the Beretta and its anti-accidental release button location.

Back to the LCR for that role.

Many years ago I relied on a NAA Mini .22 mag for the same purpose but decided a knife was better than the slow, clumsy mini.

How about you?
    My Sig 365 pocket carries better than my 638. The holster it's in is very secure and there's no "bulge" beyond what a wallet would look like, but it's a tiny bit more of a process to just "throw it in" a pocket than the 638.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    My grandfather had his own garage for forty years. Always carried a Smith Model 60, constantly working around cars and moving the day's deposits and receipts.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    When I was a Lot Attendant years back at a little dealership where I had to do all kinds of ad-hoc tasks for the shady desk managers... I carried a baby glock 40 cal in an ankle holster, above a short boot with long inseam pants to cover it good. This worked great for a long time.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    An S&W 442 w/ CT laser-grips has been my choice. I have more holsters for that little Smith than any other gun I've ever owned.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I use A Beretta Nano.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    An S&W 442 w/ CT laser-grips has been my choice. I have more holsters for that little Smith than any other gun I've ever owned.
    Similar for me. 642 with Lasergrips. Holster options to cover a number of tasks/attires:
    OWB
    AIWB
    Pocket (probably 90% of the time)
    HPG runner’s kit bag
    Ankle
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleox View Post
    Similar for me. 642 with Lasergrips. Holster options to cover a number of tasks/attires:
    OWB
    AIWB
    Pocket (probably 90% of the time)
    HPG runner’s kit bag
    Ankle
    Same here.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!