Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this a good shoot?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    That's what I mean...was it some sort of robbery or was it some dude with a grudge that wanted to punch some guy he had run in with or something else?

The story just tells us that the guy took a swing and the other guy shot him. How was this different than the Colorado shoot. That guy is looking at 2nd murder, this guy got totally cut loose.
    Are you serious? There is zero information in that article but you wish to compare that shooting to a well documented one. Trust me, if Denver could have cut the murdering marxist loose, they would have.

Sounds like a switched on citizen saved the taxpayer a ton of money and future victims pain and suffering. Career criminal I'm guessing, probably out on bail, wanted, or on parole. The world is a better place.

His family will raise a fuss about how he was a gentle giant role model family man in the process of turning his life around.

The shooter will need to pay a lawyer to fight off the wrongful death suit while the family is represented pro bono.

Andy

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Are you serious? There is zero information in that article but you wish to compare that shooting to a well documented one. Trust me, if Denver could have cut the murdering marxist loose, they would have.

Sounds like a switched on citizen saved the taxpayer a ton of money and future victims pain and suffering. Career criminal I'm guessing, probably out on bail, wanted, or on parole. The world is a better place.

His family will raise a fuss about how he was a gentle giant role model family man in the process of turning his life around.

The shooter will need to pay a lawyer to fight off the wrongful death suit while the family is represented pro bono.

Andy
    Not really comparing them in a strict sense because of the lack of info. Just asking questions. Thought maybe someone would have more info.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Not really comparing them in a strict sense because of the lack of info. Just asking questions. Thought maybe someone would have more info.
    I came across pretty strong, my apologies. There just isn't much to go on in the article.

Andy

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Honestly, that story wasn't much better than the Breitbart story. Maybe we'll not get the info concerning why Berry was going after the guy, why the police and solicitor considered a gun against fists a justified self defense situation. It seems like a disparity of force situation, but maybe Berry was young and big and the 58 yr old "suspect" was small and weaker. I don't know. Would like to know though.

By the way...thanks for looking that up.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 10-17-20 at 22:49.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I came across pretty strong, my apologies. There just isn't much to go on in the article.

Andy
    No sweat Andy.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From the article it sounds like the dead guy was following the victim around and waiting to rob him. Victim finishes his business inside the QT and the dead guy initiates the strong armed robbery in the parking lot and the victim shoots him.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    From the article it sounds like the dead guy was following the victim around and waiting to rob him. Victim finishes his business inside the QT and the dead guy initiates the strong armed robbery in the parking lot and the victim shoots him.
    You and the others might be right, it'd be helpful if the police said it was a robbery.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    You and the others might be right, it'd be helpful if the police said it was a robbery.
    It is constructively a robbery based on the little information that is known to us and apparently it was also when the solicitor reviewed, otherwise there's no way this doesn't go to a grand jury (South Carolina or not).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It doesnt seem that this case is making big headlines. The police aren't going to hold a press conference for a shoot that nobody is covering.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12