Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of ammo in Ca.

Feedback Score

Getting rid of ammo in Ca.

So I was in Central Ca. clearing out some of my late fathers stuff, Keeping a couple of sentimental things.

But Mainly donating things to various charities, come across 3/4 brick of 22lr.
    As I flew in can't take it with me. Shipping eh. not worth the effort.
    So at a pawnshop trying to figure out the value of various items my Late Father & Stepmother collected over the years, I mention that I need to get rid of said Ammo.

Could have "Heard a Pin Drop" How much? Me-Nothing just want to get rid of it. Dead silence again, followed by Where is it can I follow you home? Me thinking "Thats not going to happen".

Ran some errands, "No didn't get followed" ,

God, I'm thinking that 3/4 brick would pay for my trip and then some.
    It appears to be worth more than the 1st generation Beanie Babies I found with all the tags.
    LOL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't much care for 22 so a brick is 500 rounds right? People were that interested in less than 400 rounds? Of 22?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yup, I know ammo scarce & Ca. Got strange laws,
    But by peoples expressions you'd think they were about to win the lottery.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelingchild View Post
    As I flew in can't take it with me...
    Are you sure?

I thought that ammo in the original packaging, up to 11lbs of it, is fine to fly in checked baggage. (I've done it, a lot.)

Alternatively, just walk it into any gun shop, and I'm sure somebody there will want it...

Feedback Score
    Sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Travelingchild View Post
    So at a pawnshop trying to figure out the value of various items my Late Father & Stepmother collected over the years,
    That's one of the last places that will give you a good estimate of the value of an item. If you want to get the most for something, identify what it is and put it up for sale on eBay or a similar website. Yes, their fees are high, but you'll make multiples of what the pawn shop will give you. Of course it all depends on how much time you have to invest in the selling process. If you need to get rid of stuff fast, the pawn shop is the way to go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Are you sure?

I thought that ammo in the original packaging, up to 11lbs of it, is fine to fly in checked baggage. (I've done it, a lot.)

Alternatively, just walk it into any gun shop, and I'm sure somebody there will want it...
    I agree with this. Unsure of the exact quantity of ammunition though. Check with the airline OP, you might be able to put it in checked baggage.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd not even turn my head for 3/4 of a brick of .22.

It's worth what someone will pay. And yes, you can fly with it. Tape the ends.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    I'd not even turn my head for 3/4 of a brick of .22.

It's worth what someone will pay.

Well, a brick of .22lr costs about the same as a case of good beer, about $20...

So, I wouldn't just throw it away, but in the context of clearing out a household, I wouldn't go to extreme measures to keep it, either.

Like three six-packs of free beer, I'm sure you'll find somebody who'll be happy to have it...

Feedback Score
    Maybe not so much anymore. I just checked with ammoseek and the lowest price for a 500 round brick of .22LR was $77. It went up from there. This ain't last year, and if you're paying $77 for a case of beer, well...

https://lohmanarms.com/product/geco-...nd-nose-500ct/
    Rascal

"In every generation there are those who want to rule well - but they mean to rule. They promise to be good masters - but they mean to be masters." — Daniel Webster

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rascally View Post
    I just checked with ammoseek and the lowest price for a 500 round brick of .22LR was $77...

Yeah, but is anybody actually paying that?

I never would, and I can't imagine finding a sucker who would...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast