Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting rid of ammo in Ca.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    $60 per 500 at Midsouth Shooters Supply today. Still 4X what I was paying pre-panic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Sorry for your loss.

That's one of the last places that will give you a good estimate of the value of an item. If you want to get the most for something, identify what it is and put it up for sale on eBay or a similar website. Yes, their fees are high, but you'll make multiples of what the pawn shop will give you. Of course it all depends on how much time you have to invest in the selling process. If you need to get rid of stuff fast, the pawn shop is the way to go.
    If you are going to sell it in legally in CA you have to do it through a licensed dealer. Which basically means you have to do it face to face.

Ebay does not allow ammo sales. Gunbroker is OK, but that's a hassle. When you are not in town very long.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the insight, as I flew with carry on only. Not going to check a bag for that not worth the time or effort.

Just found it slightly humorous,

What I'll probably due is just have the local 'PD' dispose of it when i finish cleaning out the house.

Anything else isn't worth the hassle to me.
    Last edited by Travelingchild; 10-24-20 at 08:50.

Feedback Score
    Double post
    Last edited by Travelingchild; 10-24-20 at 08:50.

Feedback Score
    In my neck of the woods the answer would simply be to hand it off to any neighbor and make their kids day. Not sure how that would go over in Cali especially if you don't know the neighborhood.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    In my neck of the woods the answer would simply be to hand it off to any neighbor and make their kids day. Not sure how that would go over in Cali...
    Plenty of shooters here in California — I was at a well-attended "rimfire challenge" match this morning.

Given that the FiL was a shooter, perhaps some of his friends are still around?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Or see if the local Boy Scouts could use it? Just a thought.

Feedback Score
    I used to work at a police department and a couple times a month I would have someone come in saying that they inherited a gun and they did not want it. They then asked us to destroy it.
    Ugh... hurt my heart every time. Beautiful collector gun and we had to destroy it.
    Anyways, I'm sure if you called the local PD they would take ammo or guns to be destroyed if you want them to. Just call ahead of time. Don't walk up to the front doors of the PD with a rifle though, or you may be the one getting destroyed.

Feedback Score
    Occasionally someone would call my dept & ask about disposing of ammo that they had found while cleaning out relatives property, & we would just go buy & pick it up & turn it into the property room for disposal. Our local Walmart would also call once a month or so to have us pick up ammo, since it seems like they could not resale it once it had been sold/returned. Since that was newer stuff than the "found" we would put that in our briefing room & it was available to take & shoot as needed/desired.

Feedback Score
    CA is crazy, and not just with ammo. Here I’m seeing guys selling the Remington Bucket O Bullets that are 69.00 for 125.00+ and folks don’t bat an eye to pay that and then some.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12