Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Optics: a question for the Old Gen shooters here

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Mechanical ability and common sense is a good replacement for a torque wrench in many applications.

I'd say just partner with someone, if possible, like Pappabear and I. Scope set up isn't THAT difficult.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I support the rifle and level with a Harris bipod I can tighten down, and a rear bag, the kind with ears. With the mount installed on the upper, I drop the scope in the mounts and loosely install the caps/screws. Level the rifle, level the scope, start carefully tightening screws in a cross x pattern, gaps same on either side of the caps. Level, level, level, then you can verify with a plumb line, cell tower in the distance, etc. I've done this a lot lately...

Feedback Score
    Easiest way to level any good scope, go to the auto parts store and get what they use to measure the correct measurements on spark plugs, I forget the name. Attach your base to the gun, it works on any rifle. Attach the bottom part of the rings to the base. Then lay the scope in the rings where you want it, put the top rings on and just hand tighten them down so you can sickly move the scope still. Take the widget from the auto parts store, place it between the scope housing which is flat and the base. Then keep adding the spacers until it’s right in there. This levels the scope housing easily to the base. Then tighten ring screws accordingly. Back right outside screw, left front outside screw, back left ring outside screw, front right outside. Then repeat same order with the inside screws. Good scopes will be easily aligned every time. No fussing with levels or any other expensive tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Optics: a question for the Old Gen shooters here

Feeler gauged is what I was thinking of. Here is a picture. And a link to where I learned it.

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...gauges.197570/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ubet; 10-25-20 at 22:11.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12