I need better weight distrubution for these heavy plates with a carrier that isn't a full harness or chassis system. The Crye AVS would be nice but, it is overkill for my needs and I think I might melt in it. I am torn between a fully enclosed cummerbund for support and one of the open options.

I am under the impression that the Crye Precision AirLite SPC system may be what I am looking for with its stiff cummerbund anchored to the plate bags while being fairly open to breathe and vent sweat and heat. From there I am looking at the LBT QRC V2 as the next logical 'upgrade'. Anything lighter (more concealing) than a JPC 2.0 or SPC won't carry what I want for any reasonable period of time without shoulder and back pain.

The only thing I envision carrying on this plate carrier is a 3-mag shingle, hydration, and a boo boo kit and TQ.

What is recommended with these thoughts in mind? What am I overlooking?

TIA,
Sid

• 1. I'm looking for a plate carrier.
  • 2. I'm a civilian in rural East Texas.
  • 3. The primary usage of this item is for use on my 40 acres with various criminal activities nearby including rifle fire in addition to general theft and break ins .
  • 4. I'd also like to use it for protection from criminal elements using rifles in addition to cheap gang banger pistols.
  • 7. I prefer it to be made out of durable materials that aren't overly hot and will vent sweat.
  • 8. My budget for this item is ~$600 but, I'd rather 'cry once, pay once' as the most expensive option is replacing a piece of gear that didn't work out.
  • 9. I'm looking for it in these colors multicam or coyote.
  • 10. I care/don't care if it looks 'tactical'. I already have a discrete low profile plate carrier for level 3 special threat plates
  • 11. I need/don't need it to be low profile/concealed etc. Overt is fine
  • 12. I'm looking at the Crye Precision AirLite and have considered the JPC 2.0, LBT options, and a few others
  • 13. If it's a sizing/fit question, provide your height, weight, build, waist size, inseam length - whatever sizing information is relevant to your question. Hesco 4401 single curve Level 4 plates
  • 14. If it's a comfort question, state the conditions you want to use the garment under - dry/humid/wet, hot/cold.Texas heat and humidity about 2 hours from the coast