Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Light/laser switches

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Light/laser switches

I’m building my first sbr and I’m learning quickly that rail space is super limited.

I’m running a dbal and surefire scout. I’m used to running the regular surefire switch and a separate switch for the dbal.

I was looking into the sync from unity tactical and it looks like a good solution but it’s rather bulky. Are there any other options out there??

Ideally I’d love to find a single button that will operate both the light and laser at the same time. That’s all I really need.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    I’m running a dbal and surefire scout. I’m used to running the regular surefire switch and a separate switch for the dbal.

I was looking into the sync from unity tactical and it looks like a good solution but it’s rather bulky. Are there any other options out there??

Ideally I’d love to find a single button that will operate both the light and laser at the same time. That’s all I really need.
    There are not other available options. The SureFire SR07-D-IT is an inferior product when it comes to switchology, as it cannot fire both the light and laser at the same time. The Unity Tactical Hot Button in theory has a dual-lead version that would work great to combine firing white light with the vis laser (and using the laser's fire button for IR use), but I'm not aware of any the dual-lead version being available for purchase, despite being advertised for months at this point.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Take a look at the new Modlite Modbutton Lite. I'm not sure if the ones with the laser lead are available or not yet, but they're very small, and you could mount them side by side. They'll come in a couple different lengths as well.

*Edit*
    I jumped the gun. I just reread and saw you were looking for a single button solution, so my suggestion wouldn't be ideal for you.
    Last edited by HCrum87hc; 10-19-20 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What if you wanted just white light but not viz laser? Of at night, under NODs and you only want IR laser. How would a single button be able to distinguish which you would want?

The Modlight buttons look interesting but are OOS. I wonder if two of them in line take up less space than the Unity Tactical switch?

Im running into the same problem. I have a DBal A3 and Streamlight RM1 and would like one button to control both on a 10" rail which isn't so long that it ends up being too far back for my thumb to hit. I was looking at the Unity Tactical switch as well but the combination appears to be out of stock as many other things are right now.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    What if you wanted just white light but not viz laser?
    Why would you want that? And if it's not something you need on the fly (which I don't see why you would need to), you can just switch the laser off.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Of at night, under NODs and you only want IR laser. How would a single button be able to distinguish which you would want?
    Work directly off the laser's fire button. My friend is really hoping to get the dual lead Hot Button specifically for that, particularly since he has a MAWL, which as excellent switchology directly off the laser. Of course, this only works if you can reach your laser with your hand, but it wouldn't be hard to have it set up as such with an SBR.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Why would you want that? And if it's not something you need on the fly (which I don't see why you would need to), you can just switch the laser off.

Work directly off the laser's fire button. My friend is really hoping to get the dual lead Hot Button specifically for that, particularly since he has a MAWL, which as excellent switchology directly off the laser. Of course, this only works if you can reach your laser with your hand, but it wouldn't be hard to have it set up as such with an SBR.
    Im just thinking if I am in a low light scenario but I don't have NODs. You are right tho, just switch the laser off.

Right now I am working directly off the Dbal fire button but it'snot agronomical in the least. If firing the IR laser I am sure I don't want to to fire the white light.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    Is the scout an IR version? If not i dont see why you would want to do that. I use the dual switch surefire because my ir has an illuminator and i cant see where i would want white light and IR pointer at the same time. The TAPS switch is supposedly programmable so that is an option

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The unity switch is your only option to slave the light and laser off of one button on one switch. It is a pretty big dual switch though.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Yep, Unity TAPS is it.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    TAPS Sync is really your only option, but personally, I'd run your current switch and pass on the TAPS Sync.

There seems to be a lot of issues with the TAPS (regardless of version). I've had to return two for refunds already. The first was a TAPS Pro that would flicker and wouldn't allow the light to use more than half of its output (That model was discontinued for motherboard issues). The second was the newest TAPS Sync and the laser function was dead on arrival (tested on multiple lasers). I'm not the only one that's had repeat issues either.

Unity Tactical was great about taking care of me, so no issues with them as a company.. just giving you a heads up. You may want to wait for something else or go with a non slaved switch to save the headache. The newer Modbutton Lite looks like it'd be decent, but running two of those for light and laser function wouldn't really be a huge step ahead of what you're already doing.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast