Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What AR do you gravitate to?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    All that matters is you are proficient with them and you know them in and out. My first AR was a DPMS Oracle, and I have had nothing but good experiences with the Troy's I've dealt with.
    To some extent, we (as in this forum) try too hard to equate quality and reducing lemon rates to the quality of individual examples, when in fact cheap junk should statistically still actually produce good reliable firearms most of the time (just have higher rates of turds that don't run well, or choke when fed slightly different ammunition or magazines). If it really actually works, it works.

The reason to actually buy nicer stuff is that the program of ammunition to really check out a firearm and be sure it's not a lemon runs more than the cost delta to a quality item, and becomes a sunk cost if there is any kind of problem... therefore might as well start from quality.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    ..therefore might as well start from quality.
    I have been at this for around 20 years, and I can say that every time I solely let price dictate my AR purchases, (I learned the hard way once) I just ended up spending more to get it to run or sell/replace it then I would of if I would have just bought a brand that has a better track record in the first place. I do have a good friend of mine ,however, that has been running a hobby brand AR for about 10 years without a hiccup. I just know I’m not that lucky and to be truthful, am a gun snob. I like my colts and LMT’s. I beat them to death, they work, and I put them back in the safe. To each their own. We all have the same hobby but different budgets and I try to respect that more nowadays.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater2.0 View Post
    I have been at this for around 20 years, and I can say that every time I solely let price dictate my AR purchases, (I learned the hard way once) I just ended up spending more to get it to run or sell/replace it then I would of if I would have just bought a brand that has a better track record in the first place. I do have a good friend of mine ,however, that has been running a hobby brand AR for about 10 years without a hiccup. I just know I’m not that lucky and to be truthful, am a gun snob. I like my colts and LMT’s. I beat them to death, they work, and I put them back in the safe. To each their own. We all have the same hobby but different budgets and I try to respect that more nowadays.
    I have to respectfully disagree. we see lemons in all brands and some of the 'issue's people note are eons ago before the deluge of true mil spec parts and weapon platforms. I, like you, stick to my Colts, LMTs as well however, built some pretty robust ARs with the cheapest parts imaginable (still mil spec) to purposefully beat to death and abuse with no issues. I like to waste my money sometimes..lol

Have owned or own almost every brand there is and had more issues with a noveske than an oracle (which was surprisingly accurate and reliable), more issues with a BCM than a bushy and I could go. None of this is rocket science and built to the standard should equate to not having issues but alas, they happen. I'm not one to look down my nose on other people's choice whether for taste or price as I've seen them all go to pot. The only brands I've never had issues with were Colt, LMT, and old Bushy (while others have had plenty of issues) with thousand upon thousands rounds down range. I see more home brews go down over the years with people buying garbage gas blocks, lpks, and chinese bcgs. Buy good parts and it should all go bang when it needs to is how I look at it.

Optics, now that is a whole nother story. I learned the hard way there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tellum View Post
    I only have one, cause I only need one. the rest would just have to be abandoned when shtf. When you've achieved true mastery, all you need is dryfire, airsoft and .177 lead pellet shooting to remain a better shottist than 99% of people. When he was 10 years younger than he is now, Jerry miculek could go a decade with not so much as looking at a gun, come back and place in the top 10% at any 3 gun match, no problem, vs the best shottists in the world.

If it's shtf, you wont be up against anyone with any real ability at all. If you've got armor, night sight, night vision, a suppressor, a subsonic ammo option and enough brains to remain underground during daylight hours, in a rural area, you wont need to fire 400 shots in 20 years. The game will all be gone, You wont need to fire 200 shots that first year, or you'll be dead, cause you're screwing up too much. In a year, 99% of the population will be dead, unless something has fixed the situation. before the cannibalism has started.
    True mastery, wtf. A person with any moment knows he’s never a master but always a student of his chosen subject. Once you stop learning you atrophy. But I’ve seen your other posts, you seem to think you’re some top notch super secret squirrel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I wish I had an ar. I sold them all last year and regret it to this day.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    IWI Zion at Rainier Arms have been in stock several times in the last few months.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

if really in a pinch, I'm sure one of us could sell you one.

Feedback Score
    I appreciate it you guys, I was being sarcastic because of the current political state. Thank you for the offer of kindness though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I appreciate it you guys, I was being sarcastic because of the current political state. Thank you for the offer of kindness though.

thumbs up!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    16” mid length light weight BCM with an mlok rail, VCAS sling, eotech, and streamlight pro tac.

Lightweight, slick, fast and with the right ammo I use it for everything from training, home defense, and hunting. I’ve been wanting to try a LPVO for a while, but I stick with this because it’s what I know, and it’s set up and ready to go. Not the new hotness by any means but it keeps getting it done.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast