Thread: What AR do you gravitate to?

Feedback Score
    LMT MRP LM8 CQB is my most used AR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Colt, Daniel Defense, and KAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Walker_Texasranger View Post
    I don’t have a huge collection. I know there are members here with dozens of ARs. I notice that I’m always gravitating towards shooting my DD MK18 pistol with an Eotech EXPS3 though. Don’t know why. Just have fun shooting it.

Which AR do you find yourself shooting the most?

Feedback Score
    Colt or LMT in a basic carbine length. Iron sights, and very simple setup with only a KAS RAS or Daniel Defense Omega rail and forward pistol grip. Picatinny rails still work for me. This is a basic KISS weapon.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    DDM4 v11 pro. Mine is a circa 2015 version with keymod. This is a heavy barrel 18” rifle gas upper. They market it as some kind of 3 gun rifle, but it’s really begging for a more precision-oriented lower, not a carbine stock. So I built an Aero up with a UBR with a Geissele HSNM. A vortex PST 2 3-15 ffp rides on top

It’s 600y capable prone or off a bench. It will and has put 20 consecutive rounds inside 12” at 600.

Yet it’s surprisingly manageable and reasonable weight. About 11# with optic, bipod and sling. The PST has a huge FOV for a 3x optic and the illumination gives near ACOG functionality for close range.

The a5h2 with tubb 42 coil “.308” spring is super smooth and the gun always runs.

I’ll never sell this gun.
    Last edited by Hohn; 12-20-20 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    Colt.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pstennisace View Post
    Colt.
    ditto

Feedback Score
    ive been a AK guy mostly , just recently caught the AR bug , i went right for the Colt M4 out of the gate , only thing ive done to it was replace the Magpul flip up rear sight with a Colt Carry Handle , contemplating a easier trigger pull , still researching

followed it up right away with a Stag 10 LR308 AR10 , this i put a Leupold 1 MOA Red Dot on , have rail caps , a M-lok bi pod mount , 4 20 rd P Mags and a new buttstock on the way , havnt run enough rounds through the Stag to make a judgement on the trigger pull yet , i will say this rifle screams quality ,fit ,finish is impeccable , butt stock was my real only complaint and thats justnit picking , dont care for the feel of the cheek weld, easy fix
    im starting to see what ive been missing out on all these years

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My OG 6933 has been pulling ride along duty lately. My LMT that I mentioned earlier is still the go to home defense carbine but I've been tossing the ol' Colt in the front seat lately.

Feedback Score
    A 16" light weight or mid weight barrel with a front sight base and traditional hand guards and a mid length gas system. I have a couple of 14.5" also traditional style hand guards and front sight base in carbine length. I just can't like the free float stuff yet. I picked up my first M16 in 1973 and it's still my favorite style.
    kwg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwg020 View Post
    A 16" light weight or mid weight barrel with a front sight base and traditional hand guards and a mid length gas system. I have a couple of 14.5" also traditional style hand guards and front sight base in carbine length. I just can't like the free float stuff yet. I picked up my first M16 in 1973 and it's still my favorite style.
    kwg
    I get this, sometimes I guess for the lack of a better way of saying it I feel at home with the traditional FSB rifles. Though I use picatinny rails with Aimpoint Pro's. My favorite rifle is my 20" A4 BCM upper on what is currently an Aero lower(with BCM LPK) with Colt A2 stock.
    Last edited by Glock9mm1990; 12-29-20 at 21:56.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast