Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What AR do you gravitate to?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I have a 10.5" Noveske that I've had for about 7-8 years now and love it. Only issue is blowback when running suppressed.

Feedback Score
    Backstory- I am an avid AR hater. Owned two in the 90's- one was a Colt Match Hbar which then was considered the shizzle of ARs. Both that and a Car15 went down hard multiple times. Cleaned manically, swapped parts, followed all the "experts" recommendations and it kept happening. Worse thing was it was where a round would get stuck in the chamber. This plus normal FTF/FTE jams not everyone considers "jams" but really are. The round stuck in chamber was the worst because without a rod on board, your kind of SOL on the whole deal. Sold them both and went back to old dependable Kalashnikov.

20 years or so later, needed to use an M4 for some FOF training utilizing UTM rounds. A buddy sold me one of his, worked pretty well. Later that year at Academy sports they were running M and P 15 $449. with a $100. gift card. OK I'll bite. That one has done OK, did have two FTE jams but no stuck casings in about 6,000 rounds or so.

But the absolute best has been two BCMs I bought. The first one was a Mod 0 which I bought roughly a year ago. Late last fall and up to April'ish when ammo got stupid priced, we were shooting upwards of 2,000 rounds a month through the BCMs. Not a single jam of any type The other BCM was a longer barrel model and it's also been FLAWLESS in function.

Been extremely impressed with the BCMs and as an avowed AR hater that says a lot. Just working the action when you first pick it up, you can feel the difference in workmanship over the S&W model.

If I was depending on an AR to depend hearth and home, I wouldn't accept any less than a BCM.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    This gets dragged along frequently.

A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think my 16” midlength with a fixed A1 length stock and a Primary Arms 2.5x prism scope is actually one of my favorite ARs to shoot. I’ve just always liked this gun for some reason.
    I think it’s probably because I also like 20” rifles a lot and this thing is configured similarly to one, just a bit shorter.

Despite having a couple of carbines with Aimpoints and lights on them I actually enjoy shooting and handling my iron-sighted carbines more, and back before the ammo situation got bad, most of my range trips were with an iron sighted carbine. If I happen to be toting an AR around with me for some reason during the course of the day it’s usually one of those, despite having the option to bring a more “capable” gun with me if I wanted to.

Feedback Score

What AR do you gravitate to?

When I head to the family farm, I usually grab my 8.5” 300 SBR and attach my 30 cal can.

The 300 seems to be a bit more adequate for feral hogs from a shorter barrel. The length makes it easy to exit the vehicle on short notice and the suppressor means I don’t need to constantly wear ear pro.

I much prefer shooting 5.56 or 6.8 at longer ranges but this 300 shorty is just so easy to grab and go. Also the vegetation is so thick that you rarely see them past 50 yards.

I’m not generally a 300 fan - it’s kind of meh overall to me - but I do believe it excels in this exact role.
    Last edited by boss_hawg; 10-21-20 at 06:56.

Feedback Score
    BCM 12.5” or BCM 18”.

Feedback Score
    I have... a variety. I find myself gravitating toward the more simple block II-style Colt of mine despite having rifles with more bells and whistles (LPVO's, offset dots, shorty barrels, etc etc).

14.5" socom barrel FSP, quad rail, and an Eotech EXPS3-0. It's accurate and built like a tank, and I love the eotech reticle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    This one. It's stout, compact, and can be tossed in the bed of the pickup to steel painting runs at the range.

I think I picked up four or so of those stripped uppers when they were on sale!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Any of 'em. Depends on the mission.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My 11.5 KAC was my QCB NV gun, but now I run a 11.5 BCM fluted upper with LMT mars lower for everything. Both run flawless.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast