Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some people who carry guns for self-defense would flee a mob attacking their home?

Feedback Score

Some people who carry guns for self-defense would flee a mob attacking their home?

I was in a discussion about this and very surprised to hear the number of guys that advocated fleeing their home should the unlikely but highest-stakes event occur of a mob attacking their home.

I advocate fleeing anywhere if possible except ones own home. Can you save your home and lives short term? Of course you can. Might they come back later to finish the job when your gone or in jail should you be arrested? Sure.

But flee your home and let it be ransacked and burned while the insurance company may or may not pay up?

F-that! I think it's a hill worth dying / killing on. Family included.

Thoughts?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Concur, that's MY hill that I chose.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I don't think a building is worth my life or the lives of my family.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I don't think a building is worth my life or the lives of my family.

It's not the building. If they can run you out of your home, they can run you out of ANYWHERE.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    It's not the building. If they can run you out of your home, they can run you out of ANYWHERE.
    Not completely true. If it's a battle I know I can't win, I would choose to live and fight another day.

If I die fighting for it, knowing it's a losing battle, what exactly have I accomplished? Now they have killed me and destroyed my home.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Out too much nonsense.
    Last edited by ndmiller; 10-21-20 at 14:42. Reason: Out too much nonsense.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    Not completely true. If it's a battle I know I can't win, I would choose to live and fight another day.

If I die fighting for it, knowing it's a losing battle, what exactly have I accomplished? Now they have killed me and destroyed my home.

You're planning to lose, I'm planning to win.

Feedback Score
    Your average "shooter" has little more training than the 4 hour "state required" CCW class which basically tells them why they should never shoot anyone. Then you see the trite comments like "every bullet has a lawyer attached". Couple that with the fact that the average gunowner's last taste of "violence" was a "yo Momma's fat!" push fight in 4th grade and it creates a nasty mix of hesitation and reluctance even though half of them carry a gun daily.

I have seen this time and time again in FOF training.

What you speak of doesn't surprise me, SAD but not surprising....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    100% agree, we've had a house fire, left and lost everything. Yes a fire can take anything from you anywhere it wants, but taking a stand against a fire is plain stupid. Stuff can be replaced lives cannot and why people insure their stuff. Trading your life for your stuff is stupid, dumb and moronic, although saying so on the internet is machismo to the max (props to you!). Trust me it's not that great stuff anyway and I had some really great stuff that went up in the fire.

Also it's another internet nonsensical trolling hypothetical anyway.

#1 No mob is coming to my house, they'd get lost on the way, the burbs are a freaking maze and they'd bother someone 30 minutes to 1 hour closer to them or run out of gas getting to me.
    #2 No mob is sneaking up on my house either. I'd be gone before they even got there.
    #3 If the mob was local and walked over, I would strategically vaporize them from space with my laser satellites, because it's all made up anyway.
    I was playing the hypothetical in the question that was asked. Judging by your location, if they are at my house yours was burned a while ago. So internet not so tough guy... Where would you make your stand or would you just keep on running after they burned all you and your family's shit. Homeless, broke and in a van by the river is not how I would want to live. We all make our own choices and if you don't think it can happen to you... Ask a BUNCH of folks in the middle east and eastern Europe that thought the same thing.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    You're planning to lose, I'm planning to win.
    I was referring to the OP where it says that it is worth dying for.....dying is loosing

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast